B2650 chain-tool box

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
A while back I posted some pics of my tool - chain box I fabbed up that mounts in the existing holes on the loader frame. Recently I had a guy PM me about making a set, left and right for his new B2650 he had on order. His new B2650 is actually set up exactly like Larrys with back hoe and oversized tires. It is kind of slow around here right now waiting for spring, and I actually had one cut out and ready to weld up I was going to use for me on the right side of my tractor, and I have my new exhaust system set up in my shop, so I said I would fab him up a pair. I got them all fabbed up and painted, and they had cured a few days and I was going to ship them the next day. He got his tractor that day and texted me that we have a problem. The factory third function valve bolts to the same holes on the right side loader frame. I sure never knew that. He still wanted both sides, so we decided to mount it to the rops on the right side instead. That way sitting on seat running the back hoe, he would have access to it as well as from the ground. I know alot people have mounted them to the rops, but I had never fabbed mine to do that. I cut all of the original mounts off, and came up with a plan to mount it to the rops. I had to add 1/4" spacers on the back of the box as the lid overhangs the sides to allow clearance. I also had to set it up so it sets level as the rops goes up at an angle. I used grade 8 bolts again and welded them to the 1/4" spacer that I welded to the original box. I then made the back clamps out of 1/4"steel as well. This way you can slide it up and down the rops and clamp it wherever you want. It came out really good and is super solid. It is actually a very good option if you dont have room on the loader.

View attachment 35078

View attachment 35079

View attachment 35080

Last edited:

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
Really wish i had room to put something like that on my tractor. Very nice.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Really wish i had room to put something like that on my tractor. Very nice.
Thanks JMF78. We are not to far from each other and I get over that way sometimes. Maybe I will give you a shout sometime if I am heading that way sometime. I think it would be fun to actually meet some of the members in person. Same thing if you are heading this way.

Ridem32

Jun 8, 2019
Terry
Looks very nice. Good job [emoji106]. I’m putting my chains in my loader front tube with caps on each side waiting for paint to dry on the caps now. But I could use one of those boxes on my MX5800

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tiktock

Jun 27, 2018
Plaistow
I just grabbed an ammo can, drilled two holes and mounted it where the "caution" triangle mounts on the back of the ROPs:

Mine was lazy/easy but yours is much slicker!

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Looks very nice. Good job [emoji106]. I’m putting my chains in my loader front tube with caps on each side waiting for paint to dry on the caps now. But I could use one of those boxes on my MX5800

Thanks for the comments on the toolbox. I am retired but seem to be really busy with people still wanting to run heavy equipment, and helping my Kubota dealer delivering tractors mowers and RTVs. Maybe in the fall when things slow down and you are interested, I could make one up. Thanks.

Ridem32

Jun 8, 2019
Terry
I just grabbed an ammo can, drilled two holes and mounted it where the "caution" triangle mounts on the back of the ROPs:

Mine was lazy/easy but yours is much slicker!

Looks great [emoji106]. Love the orange [emoji521] paint

Ridem32

Jun 8, 2019
Terry
Thanks for the comments on the toolbox. I am retired but seem to be really busy with people still wanting to run heavy equipment, and helping my Kubota dealer delivering tractors mowers and RTVs. Maybe in the fall when things slow down and you are interested, I could make one up. Thanks.

Sounds great. Keep me updated

tiktock

Jun 27, 2018
Plaistow
Looks great [emoji106]. Love the orange [emoji521] paint

The only thing I wish that I had done was what you did and mount on the side of the ROPs through the holes you did...No idea why I didnt consider that at the time.

LOMartin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC / B77 / FEL / LP Grapple
Jul 14, 2018
Savannah, Georgia
Ron is the man with his element storage solution.

His craftsmanship is unmatched, I’m lucky enough to own one of hoses storage boxes for my b2650HSDC

Thanks again for a great product.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Ron is the man with his element storage solution.

His craftsmanship is unmatched, I’m lucky enough to own one of hoses storage boxes for my b2650HSDC

Thanks again for a great product.

Thanks LOMartin. How is your new project coming along. Are you about done or still have some work to do. How did your new tractor work out for your project?

LOMartin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC / B77 / FEL / LP Grapple
Jul 14, 2018
Savannah, Georgia
Thanks LOMartin. How is your new project coming along. Are you about done or still have some work to do. How did your new tractor work out for your project?
Still have a lot of work, life got in the way and not much progress on the property the last few months.

Met the survey crew this morning and cleared fence line as they marked. They were able to mark two sides of the property today before it got too hot.

The property is slooooowwly coming together.