Run one past the oh great ones

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Tractor is small. 2" bore and maybe 16" fully extended. To retain some height for implements i set the cylinders at about 2" from fully retracted. Went and played in the soup yesterday, i can get either corner to dig with little effort.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 13, 2014
Been almost a year, still happy with most of the project. Hasnt leaked or done anything unusual. Cylinders could be a tad shorter though. Will be reworking the brackets and i should gain 4” at ends of arms.

st8yd

Equipment
2003 L3130 HST, LA513, Pats easy hitch
Dec 11, 2017
central FL
Looks like a good idea. Sounds the same principle as the alignment on my catamarans motors with the liquid tiebar.

I wonder if their are cylinders that would work on a 30hp tractor, as I think those would be rather small.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 13, 2014
So its been two years and then some. Have loaded the
Three point continously,and the cylinders havent really leaked or done anything out of the ordinary. Really happy with the modification.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Sometimes the things we do just never cease to amaze us,, ya done good !! :D

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 13, 2014
4 years? Wow, i didnt realize how time flies. So this 3 point modifucation has worked flawlessly. There has been seepage where oil has bypassed the pistons, but one night with upward pressure on cylinders and it has been reset. Happy with how it works.

Reactions: 1 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
4 years? Wow, i didnt realize how time flies. So this 3 point modifucation has worked flawlessly. There has been seepage where oil has bypassed the pistons, but one night with upward pressure on cylinders and it has been reset. Happy with how it works.
Interesting thread.

I don't think you mentioned what you do to angle the implement. I guess you set a corner on something, and lower the 3PH until you get the angle you want? Then close the valve? Or maybe the geometry is such, that you can just push down on one end of the implement, and the other raises proportionately?

I have two cylinders on my 3PH, but used 4" stroke cylinders, so I get more lift than standard and about the same tilt as you do, or maybe a little more in my case...and I can do everything from the tractor seat! LOL.

GrappleDave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
New Kubota L2501
Mar 19, 2022
jackson NY
A single double acting cylinder on the one side would do the same thing with a valve in the line to lock it in place.

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
Dave, I had that thought, too, but as somebody mentioned earlier, the volumes at full extension on each side of the piston is not the same. The shaft takes up some of that volume, so going from full extension to full retraction there will be extra fluid (the area of the shaft times the length of the stroke) that has to have somewhere to go.