Bh77 backhoe hydraulic question

Rameyver

Equipment
L3800 tractor la525loader bh77backhoe
Jul 17, 2019
Grayson ky
I have a l3800 and trying to add a bh77 backhoe. I removed the power beyond hose and ran lines to the backhoe. If someone has a tractor backhoe combination like this could you verify where the hoses connect on the backhoe. I now have a long hose that runs from the loader valve and connects to the female quick connect that is mounted securely on the backhoe. The other hose runs from the block under the foot rest and terminates above the rear axle and is connected to the backhoe via a long hose from the backhoe that has a male connector. Hydraulics don’tt work but it will jiggle when I hit the controls. Are the connections like the ones on your tractor or do I have them reversed or something. Oil level is at top of window. I put all new quick connections on as I suspected fluid not returning. The hoe worked a few weeks ago when I bought it off another L3800.

Last edited:

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA

Power beyond hose (long hose that runs to the back)

Return hose (short hose that goes to the back)

The hose that was originally on the loader to the block where the two new hoses are gets removed.

Hose with the red cap is the long one from the loader valve, blue cap is the short hose to the block

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Without being able to see where the backhoe hose go into the valve bank, but are you feeding in the wrong line?

Rameyver

Equipment
L3800 tractor la525loader bh77backhoe
Jul 17, 2019
Grayson ky
Thanks very much for your time in taking the photos and the detailed explanation on the hoses. My hoses are connected just like yours so I can rule that out now. I may have an issue with the backhoe valve or an air lock I just don***8217;t know how to troubleshoot this problem. Since it did work fine a few weeks ago on another tractor i tend to think the problem is in my tractor hydraulics but my loader works great.

Last edited: