Any issues running RMM 6-10” up on 3 pt

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
Just as the title says. I would be running the rear mount mower up about 6-10 inches from the ground on the 3 point hitch.

I have about 2 acres that used to be farmed and I’d like to keep the weeds under control. It’s too rough to pull the mower behind on the ground.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Just a thought, if it is that rough you might be farther head to disk the area to smooth it out some, well a lot,, That might help on the weed control as well as making it a lot easier to mow. Just a though

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
It wont hurt the mower. Ive done it countless times to use a RFM as a brush hog. Just watch your back, things will want to come from under the deck...

Tim Horton

Mar 22, 2018
Lake Superior
I set my 5 foot brush hog to run about 10 cm (4") high.

With the tractor and mower on the flat garage floor, I set the top link to make the deck level. The tail wheel to just touch. Then set the 3pt control stop so the front of the deck is level at the BLADE height of 4".... Set at 6 on the 3pt control lever.

Our big pasture is reclaimed forest and bush so there are parts that are nice, and parts that are rough enough the stump jumper will drag, the front corners will skid, depending if the tractor is on a high or low spot.

I do raise the 3pt a couple numbers when making turns so the corners won't dig on the rougher areas.

First year we got the brush hog, I mowed every blade there. The last couple years I just mow patches, if I find some thistle, fire weed, or bush trying to creep back in. Next summer I plan to mow every blade again.

Across the alfalfa, clover, and good grasses I drag a set of old car tires, maybe 3-4 times a summer, depending. This will break down most undesirables. Giving the desirable grasses a chance to spring back faster.

Seems to work OK..

Everyone will have different conditions and outcomes...

dalola

Equipment
BX2380 w/FEL & Woods RM48 RFM, Yazoo/Kees Max2 ZTR
Jun 30, 2017
Ohio
Just as the title says. I would be running the rear mount mower up about 6-10 inches from the ground on the 3 point hitch.

I have about 2 acres that used to be farmed and I’d like to keep the weeds under control. It’s too rough to pull the mower behind on the ground.
I do that all the time at my camp with my Woods RM48. No problem.