What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
I filled the fuel tank, dusted off the machine and wiped it down with a rag.
Then I covered it up to keep garage dust off of it.
It's 95 here.....I wasn't about to do anything with it.....so I opened a beer and leaned against it while I drank it.
It's supposed to be cooler in a few days. The cover will come off then.

hope to float

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450
Feb 18, 2018
Ireland
Finally got some seat time after some busy weeks with work and the kids. Removed a massive 20X20 rhododendron that had been getting out of control on my property for 10+ years...had to be 15 feet tall in the middle. I've never seen a more annoying set of multiple rooting chutes and fibrous root balls to tear out. Pihrana toothbar was a lifesaver for ripping out most of the stumps and I resorted to the log chain to pull out the main body stump and root system which was large enough to max the lifting power of my little L344 loader. I then moved a few thousand pounds of soil there and smoothed the area for a new garden or grass that I'll put in next year. The wife likes the improvement so much she has marked a bunch more shrubs for death and I have a few weeks of stump ripping ahead of me.

Was happy to do this in the mid 70's yesterday vs the mid 90s into 100+ forecast for today/tomorrow in the NE.
This winter I hope to finish clearing the first 3 acre plot of the dirty things. They are considered an invasive species here. Problem is, you can only work on the during the winter because of the birds and stuff. Here they grow over 30' tall and completely takeover the landscape. rhodo.jpg

Toyman

Equipment
B7100HST, 1630, 4' Tiller, 4' Rotary Mower; M4050 (SOLD) Woods Cadet 84
Apr 15, 2019
Pittsburgh
Loaded up the B7100 last night for a work party at my hunting lease this afternoon. Going to be a hot one! We're taking down some trees to get some sunlight to dry up the road. Hopefully the B will lessen the 'manual' labor of moving the logs & debris.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Went to the farm today, it is HOT out. Got out there early. Pulled some fence post. Picked up two bucket fulls of old fence post and stacked them up and out of the way. Moved some more concrete out of the way and to a washout to try to stop it from growing. Moved some dirt around into various holes that I created pushing over trees. Finally finished the work off with some mowing.

Getting out there at 6AM helped beat some of the heat and allowed us to get back in before the hottest part of the day.

Attachments

greeno

Equipment
B2710 w/LA402 FEL, BL4690 hoe, RB1560, GS1560, Haban 5' sickle bar, 5' JD RC
Jul 14, 2018
Big Lake MN
Did some driveway repair then put the sickle bar on...Now my least favorite implement! My neck is sore after about 45min of run time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hope to float

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450
Feb 18, 2018
Ireland
Did some driveway repair then put the sickle bar on...Now my least favorite implement! My neck is sore after about 45min of run time.

I've always heard they were a pain in the a**e, now they are a pain in the neck too :D:D:D

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Still working on that pile of stone I had dropped off for the driveway. Hit it for about 3hrs on Saturday. Not too bad being 88 and high humidity. Good cross breeze kept it bearable. Sunday no wind and six degrees hotter. I decided to work on power washing the basement floor so I can seal it up.

The next time I get stone, I'm gonna have them drop a load up by the road and one back by the house. Lots of transit time back and forth although the B does ride nice with a full FEL

Tucker Someday

Mar 26, 2019
Jackson, NH
Did some mowing and some grappling this weekend while the thermometer read 128 in the sun. This is NH. Now I understand why everyone wants canopys and cabs!

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
One of my first additions was a canopy after brush hogging for five hours in the sun. Great to be able to get things done and not get burnt to a crisp.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Tore down my F2690 at work for a busted hydraulic line. Good times.

Line is cracked just after the flare. I had tightened it a touch, then tested and it shot fluid as you can see in the pic.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Matt, before you start to take lines loose it would be a good idea to clean the area first. It greatly improves your chances of finishing the repair with out creating additional problems.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Matt, before you start to take lines loose it would be a good idea to clean the area first. It greatly improves your chances of finishing the repair with out creating additional problems.

Agreed. I did blow the area off before I fully removed the line.

I wasn’t planning on a teardown, I was only trying to stop a very small leak, as we are already down a ZT. No good deed and all...

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
I used my BX to move a trailer load of mulch around the house so I could shovel it off into the landscape beds. Had about 3 yards of mulch on it, with it coming up to the bulkhead of the trailer. The three point picked it up no problem.
I'm going to have to get another 1 1/2 - 2 yards to finish up on the north side of the house and around some trees and the utility pole and telephone pedestal out by the road.
Only a couple more home maintenance left to get done this summer, clean out the eave troughs and put preservative on the wood deck.

Attachments

Digitalman

Equipment
B2601
May 29, 2019
Smyrna, TN
Replaced the cheap plastic tool box with a 50 cal. Metal ammo box. I used the plastic tool box bottom to mark the holes on the new box.

2018 B2601

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Me I just wonder WTH I didnt get a FEL when I bought it,, to much money to buy one now maybe when I get a new tractor,,wish list ,,

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Finished spreading the stone on the driveway yesterday evening. Having some drainage work done and when completed will get another load to finish off the areas we dug out to run pipe.