M6060 with LA1154 loader issue

Mmsb27

Jul 18, 2019
NW PA
Hi

Background: bought this used from a Kubota dealer. They arent sure why it acts like this.

Have some issues with smooth control of the front end loader bucket lift and curl. Machine has about 300 hours on it. Curl and uncurl seems stiff. With three point hitch in full up position, the lift arms won’t retract, unless I put it firmly into float mode, then bucket drops. If I back off from full up position on the three point hitch the bucket lift arms collapse as they should. As a field expedient, I set the three point hitch lever limiter 3/8 of an inch from full up. For the curl/un curl stiffness, I’ve checked for damaged cables. Doing simultaneous curl, and raising and lowering is even harder to do at all. I have other branded tractors with joystick front end loader controls and don’t have this problem. Makes it tough to get full use of the FEL. I still need to check joystick cable connections at base of joystick. Haven’t figured out how to take the plastic cover off it.

Another intersting thing is there is a heavy wire loop the appears to be protector of the cables under the fender well. Cables were out side the loop, I put them inside the loop, no improvement. Any thoughts? Maybe a characteristic of this tractor, loader combo? As I said earlier dealer doesn’t know what to do. They also don’t have another combo like this for me to compare FEL control.

Thanks

Last edited:

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
Welcome to OTT
If I'm understanding you correctly with 3pt fully raised FEL will not operate correctly but with 3 pt lowered a little FEL will operate correctly. That symptom indicates that 3pt feedback rod needs adjusting so 3 pt relief valve won't open when 3pt is fully raised.

Attachments

Mmsb27

Jul 18, 2019
NW PA
Thanks TX Jim. You understand correctly. That's the symptom. I normally have an implement on the back like a blade or brush hog. I'll look to see if I can find that rod and the adjustment. I appreciate the welcome and help. Any thoughts about stiff, curl control? Thank you again.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Thanks TX Jim. You understand correctly. That's the symptom. I normally have an implement on the back like a blade or brush hog. I'll look to see if I can find that rod and the adjustment. I appreciate the welcome and help. Any thoughts about stiff, curl control? Thank you again.
To help you I have attached two pages from the WSM.

The M7060 has several rods and it is important you check the correct one.

Re bucket curl: Swap lift arm and bucket quick connects just to be certain there is not a binding condition or stiff joint in the bucket linkages. If that checks out then a cable problem between the joystick and the FEL valve is next on the list.

Dave

Attachments

Mmsb27

Jul 18, 2019
NW PA
Thank you very Dave. I'm assuming you mean to swap the cable connections at the loader valve body, that sits along side the frame to see if the up/down is now stiff and the curl now moves free? That's great advice. I'll try that, and check the adjustment on the rod. Thanks again for the manual descriptions and advice.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Thank you very Dave. I'm assuming you mean to swap the cable connections at the loader valve body, that sits along side the frame to see if the up/down is now stiff and the curl now moves free? That's great advice. I'll try that, and check the adjustment on the rod. Thanks again for the manual descriptions and advice.
No not the cable connections, but the hydraulic quick coupler ones assuming your loader has them as most if not all M series do.

Dave

Mmsb27

Jul 18, 2019
NW PA
Ok, thanks. I’ve never taken the FEL off the tractor, but I’m sure there are quick disconnects allowing me to do so. I’ll check that. Thank you again

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Just unplug then quick disconnects and plug them right back in, one at a time. Sometimes weird things happen and they don't seat just right!!

rbargeron

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L5450, L48, L3250, L345 never enough attachments
Jul 6, 2015
western ma
Thinking about this it sounds like there is a hose (or 2) mis-connected to the loader control valve, or there is something wrong in the valve. Its pretty complicated because it is auto-leveling and curl is load-compensated for precise control. Its settings likely interact - so if one thing is off others are affected. It may have never been right from new. Maybe time to get Kubota involved to get to the bottom of it. A new valve (7J460-67012) is around $2500. There is a workshop manual for the loader (CD copy here) Hopefully it includes setup/adjustment of the valving.

Last edited:

Mmsb27

Jul 18, 2019
NW PA
Thanks Rb. I had it at Kubota.... they didn’t make it any better, I’ve been back to see them several times. The only advice they gave me was to “try backing off the three point hitch control lever”. That helped with the lowering of the bucket. Of course it did nothing for the curl control. I didn’t realize the L1154 was a self leveling system. Thanks for the tips!

Vr
Mark

Mmsb27

Jul 18, 2019
NW PA
I tried checking the control rod linkage adjustment. The work shop manual photos makes it look easy to access. Not so on my M6060.
I think I can grab a hold of them from the rear of the machine, they are underneath the fender/floor plan. I’ll try tomorrow crawling underneath. Thanks for all the suggestions and help.

VrMark