B2650 60" belly mower

John Lash

Equipment
B2100, B2650
Nov 23, 2017
Elizabeth, Pa.
I know a lot of people look on here when they are considering purchasing a new tractor. I know I did not too long ago.

I purchased a new B2650 in Dec. 2017. I originally had a B2100 for a long time. I set out to get a B2601. After a long decision process I got the 2650.
The new tractor has the same mower deck as my old B2100, which helped in the decision process. It is ground engaging or ground contour following as opposed to the newer suspended mower decks.

But, the rear wheels are further apart than the old 2100, leaving less mower deck sticking out past the wheels. I also had to add spacers to the rear wheels to be able to have tire chain clearance on the rear fenders, leaving even less. Leaving me dreading that I'd made the wrong decision in getting the bigger tractor all winter.

It finally dried up enough in Pennsylvania for me to mow the lawn yesterday. I can tell anyone that the B2650 with the 60 inch mmm is perfect for mowing grass. It's more maneuverable than the 2100 was. The power steering is way better and I think the turning radius is smaller even though the tractor is bigger.The mower gives an excellent cut and I figure it will last as long as my old mower. The 2100 transmission only had L and H, a little too slow and a little too fast. The 2650's 3 speed gives you an M which is just right for mowing.

Last edited:

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I know a lot of people look on here when they are considering purchasing a new tractor. I know I did not too long ago.

I purchased a new B2650 in Dec. 2017. I originally had a B2100 for a long time. I set out to get a B2601. After a long decision process I got the 2650.
The new tractor has the same mower deck as my old B2100, which helped in the decision process. It is ground engaging or ground contour following as opposed to the newer suspended mower decks.

But, the rear wheels are further apart than the old 2100, leaving less mower deck sticking out past the wheels. I also had to add spacers to the rear wheels to be able to have tire chain clearance on the rear fenders, leaving even less. Leaving me dreading that I'd made the wrong decision in getting the bigger tractor all winter.

It finally dried up enough in Pennsylvania for me to mow the lawn yesterday. I can tell anyone that the B2650 with the 60 inch mmm is perfect for mowing grass. It's more maneuverable than the 2100 was. The power steering is way better and I think the turning radius is smaller even though the tractor is bigger.The mower gives an excellent cut and I figure it will last as long as my old mower. The 2100 transmission only had L and H, a little too slow and a little too fast. The 2650's 3 speed gives you an M which is just right for mowing.
It's good to hear that you are pleased.

I just bought a B3350 but after inspecting both 60" and 72" MMMs, I decided against either, at least for now.

My issue with the 60" is removal/installation.

I remove MMMs each fall and reinstall them each spring. Experience has taught me that it is easier to R & R the 60" MMM on my B1750 by driving it onto a couple of thicknesses of 2X6 to gain clearance before pulling the mower out from the right side. This is easier and less time consuming than trying to drive over my so-called drive over deck. BTDT.

I can see no easy way to R & R the 60" MMM deck used with the B2650 and B3350 because the rear center gage wheels do not caster. As a result, I would not be able to pull it out from the side without help.

If there is an easier way in your owner's manual, I would like to hear of it.

FWIW, the 72" MMM does have 4 castering gage wheels but I deferred on it for other reasons.

SDT

Last edited:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
John, what model number mower do you have? I was told if you have wheel spacers the 60 inch mmm wouldnt clear on the B2650. I am still kind of interested, mowing with power steering would be a plus.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
John -- guessing you saw seen several folks here are VERY happy mowing with their B2650's with MMM...

Second to the BX series, the B2650 seems to be a common go-to model lately here on OTT, and most guys/gals really like them across all aspects of their work duties.

Members rkidd and eipo are two great guys that come to mind, and sheepfarmer bought hers to accompany her L3560. As she's asking about mower model #...... she doesn't mow with hers but wants to- - - so get her your MMM model # and spacer information ASAP!!

Sheepfarmer is our local expert on Tier IV emissions equipment....she's also a great person, so we want to keep her happy and participating on OTT! :D

There are many other B2650 owners here, so you should have a great cohort to communicate with!

Last edited:

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
John, what model number mower do you have? I was told if you have wheel spacers the 60 inch mmm wouldnt clear on the B2650. I am still kind of interested, mowing with power steering would be a plus.
The 60" MMM used on the B2650 and B3350 is the RCK60-30BA. I cannot imagine any reason why wheel spacers would cause interference with this combination.

The 72 " MMM used on the B2650 and B3350 is the RC72-30B. This mower has 4 castering gage wheels, one near each corner. It is conceivable that wheel spacers would provide interference between the tires and rear gage wheels. The optional wider R-4 tires offered on the B3350 are incompatible with either mower.

SDT

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
SDT - -

Don't want to detract from this thread, but noticed you said you just bought a B3350.

Just want to give you a heads-up that the B3350's have a checkered past.....a VERY checkered past.....

Especially in cold climates, they have regeneration issues with the Tier IV systems.

Some folks have had to get rid of their new B3350's because of those problems.

If you search B3350 on this forum, you should find some of those accounts.

Not to be a bearer of bad tidings, just thought you should know, and again, sheepfarmer is good with that stuff.....

Last edited:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
SDT if you try to build a B2650 with spacers on the Kubota website it tells you both mowers are incompatible with the Kubota spacers and turf tires anyway. If John has an older mower from his 2100 , maybe that would be a good workaround.

Last edited:

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
SDT - -

Don't want to detract from this thread, but noticed you said you just bought a B3350.

Just want to give you a heads-up that the B3350's have a checkered past.....a VERY checkered past.....

Especially in cold climates, they have regeneration issues with the Tier IV systems.

Some folks have had to get rid of their new B3350's because of those problems.

If you search B3350 on this forum, you should find some of those accounts.

Not to be a bearer of bad tidings, just thought you should know, and again, sheepfarmer is good with that stuff.....
I researched this comprehensively before buying and am not concerned.

Yes, the early ones had regen issues but I am convinced that such issues have been resolved.

In any event, emissions equipment has a very long warranty, both ET and operating hours (can't remember details at moment) by federal law.

SDT

John Lash

Equipment
B2100, B2650
Nov 23, 2017
Elizabeth, Pa.
SDT if you try to build a B2650 with spacers on the Kubota website it tells you both mowers are incompatible with the Kubota spacers and turf tires anyway. If John has an older mower from his 2100 , maybe that would be a good workaround.
Yes if you try to build a Kubota it won't let you get a 60 inch mower with spacers, 72 inch mower either.

My new mower is a RCK60-30 BA. I should have been clearer earlier. I said I had the same mower as I had on my B2100. I meant I got a new mower that was the same as the old one.

I have R4 tires. The salesman and I discussed the spacers and the fender clearance for snow chains. Neither he nor I could see why it wouldn't work. It was left that I would get the 60 MMM and the spacers. If it didn't work with the deck I would take spacers off in the summer and put them on in the winter...I was glad they worked.

We used the Kubota spacers. I think they are 1 3/8."

I think like cars, trucks or any other purchase the customer ends up knowing little, more specific things than the salesman. If you ask for it he's never sold it so he thinks it won't work. The salesman told me they were sweet and he was going to sell more spacers in the future.

Turf tires I don't know, but there is no problem with the R4's.

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Sheep,

The 60" deck, with turfs, will work with 2" spacers. There is a little more fanagling to get the deck out from under the tractor, but nothing life shattering.

IIRC, the hang up is turning the one wheel 90 degrees so the deck will roll. It wont allow you to rotate it if the deck is lifted all the way up.

John Lash

Equipment
B2100, B2650
Nov 23, 2017
Elizabeth, Pa.

I just bought a B3350 but after inspecting both 60" and 72" MMMs, I decided against either, at least for now.

I remove MMMs each fall and reinstall them each spring. Experience has taught me that it is easier to R & R the 60" MMM on my B1750 by driving it onto a couple of thicknesses of 2X6 to gain clearance before pulling the mower out from the right side. This is easier and less time consuming than trying to drive over my so-called drive over deck. BTDT.

I can see no easy way to R & R the 60" MMM deck used with the B2650 and B3350 because the rear center gage wheels do not caster. As a result, I would not be able to pull it out from the side without help.

FWIW, the 72" MMM does have 4 castering gage wheels but I deferred on it for other reasons.

SDT
SDT

I bought a set of snowmobile casters from Cabela's years ago. They are a piece of plate about 10" X 10" with 4 caster wheels. Two of them have a groove down the center and one is flat. You only need one or two but they come in a set of three. I think $25 on sale. I think the grooved casters are for the skis and the flat caster is for the track.

You drive your tractor into the garage, raise the mower deck. Place a snowmobile caster on the left side with the groove under the mower deck. On the B2100 there isn't much room so you have to take a floor jack and raise the front wheels about 4 inches. Raising the wheels with 2X6's as you do does the same thing. Then place another caster under the back of the deck between the rear gauge wheels and the discharge chute.

You can add a third caster in the front on the right if you need to. The casters with a groove in them pretty much stick to the mower deck, the flat one needs a clamp or a little cursing to make it stay in place. Turn the wheels to the left and slide it out.

On a 2650 there's a longer wheelbase so it's even easier. Garage, place the snowmobile caster under the left edge of the mower deck. Disconnect everything. Turn the wheels to the left. Take a floor jack with about a 10 inch piece of 2X4 on top of it. Put it under the discharge chute, right before the first blade. Jack it up and pull it out. It's 5 minutes out and 5 minutes in. 10 if you're slow...

Off and on spring and fall for sure but sometimes off and on the same day if you're plowing, discing , tilling then mowing tomorrow.\

I looked and found these on google.

https://www.kotulas.com/deals/Produ...7iYy3D9Y5nAK3Uo0hQHrUU4Fd9iC4QCkaAjRyEALw_wcB

Last edited:

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio

SDT
There is no problem rolling the 60"mmm out from under the tractor. Raise the deck, turn the left rear anti scalp roller 90 degrees, raise the rear gauge wheels all of the way up so they dont drag, turn the steering wheel all the way to the left, lower and unhook the deck and pull the deck out the right side. The deck rides on the anti scalp roller and the 2 front bogey wheels . You can pull it out or push it in with one hand and do it all in about 3 minutes. No problem.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I researched this comprehensively before buying and am not concerned.

Yes, the early ones had regen issues but I am convinced that such issues have been resolved.

In any event, emissions equipment has a very long warranty, both ET and operating hours (can't remember details at moment) by federal law.

SDT
Cool. Just wanted to make sure you were aware.

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
There is no problem rolling the 60"mmm out from under the tractor. Raise the deck, turn the left rear anti scalp roller 90 degrees, raise the rear gauge wheels all of the way up so they dont drag, turn the steering wheel all the way to the left, lower and unhook the deck and pull the deck out the right side. The deck rides on the anti scalp roller and the 2 front bogey wheels . You can pull it out or push it in with one hand and do it all in about 3 minutes. No problem.
Thanks. I'll have another look next time I see a 60" deck.

I did not think of raising the rear gage wheels and did not notice that the LR anti scalp wheel rotated.

The 60" deck on my B1750 has 4 castering gage wheels. Still, it is not easy to roll out on smooth concrete because of the weight but it can be done.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
For what it's worth, on my BX I usually put a piece of timber under the bucket (to avoid marking the floor) and lift the front wheels off the ground, then push the mower out forwards so it's between the bucket and the wheels. Lower the wheels again, lift the bucket, kick the mower to the front of the garage. Reverse procedure to put it back on. Easier for me than messing around pulling it out sideways, and I assume it would also work on a B. But the timber on the floor is quite important, the bucket will make holes otherwise....

barmstro

Equipment
b1860, b2650, front end loaders, box blade mmm, rear and front snowblowers
Dec 1, 2017
minnesota
Just to add info:
I have a b2650 cab, The dealer put on 2" spacers for each wheel. I run a 72" mmm which mows wonderfully. It mows better than my bx1860, perhaps the extra gear better suits my lawn. I cut at 2500rpm in M gear.

I have r4 tires.
Enjoy your b2650

Keeth1123

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Dec 13, 2018
Sunshine state
Glad to hear people having good things to say about the belly mower. I plan on adding one to my 2650 when the time comes. I must admit, I was a tad worried as many people complain about mowing with them. I will still get one though as I bought this tractor to do it all

Am I reading this correctly? Are people saying that these mowers won’t work if you opted for the R4 tires?

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Glad to hear people having good things to say about the belly mower. I plan on adding one to my 2650 when the time comes. I must admit, I was a tad worried as many people complain about mowing with them. I will still get one though as I bought this tractor to do it all

Am I reading this correctly? Are people saying that these mowers won’t work if you opted for the R4 tires?
There are no MMM interference issues with the 60" MMM and standard sized R-4 tires.

Only the optional, oversized R-4 tires cause problems.

SDT

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

Kubota_Guy

Equipment
B2650 FEL SSQA, B7100D FEL
Jan 10, 2024
Indianapolis, IN
Yes if you try to build a Kubota it won't let you get a 60 inch mower with spacers, 72 inch mower either.

My new mower is a RCK60-30 BA. I should have been clearer earlier. I said I had the same mower as I had on my B2100. I meant I got a new mower that was the same as the old one.

I have R4 tires. The salesman and I discussed the spacers and the fender clearance for snow chains. Neither he nor I could see why it wouldn't work. It was left that I would get the 60 MMM and the spacers. If it didn't work with the deck I would take spacers off in the summer and put them on in the winter...I was glad they worked.

We used the Kubota spacers. I think they are 1 3/8."

I think like cars, trucks or any other purchase the customer ends up knowing little, more specific things than the salesman. If you ask for it he's never sold it so he thinks it won't work. The salesman told me they were sweet and he was going to sell more spacers in the future.

Turf tires I don't know, but there is no problem with the R4's.

Just to confirm, you were able to get the RCK60.30BA to work on your B2650 with the OEM 1 3/8 Spacers using R4's?!?!?!!! 🙏 Any interference I should be worried about?!?!? TIA!!!

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Just to confirm, you were able to get the RCK60.30BA to work on your B2650 with the OEM 1 3/8 Spacers using R4's?!?!?!!! 🙏 Any interference I should be worried about?!?!? TIA!!!
I use the 72" deck on my B3350 with 1 3/8" spacers and standard sized R4 tires without interference.

All bets off with turfs or optional, oversized R4s.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user