Bh77 backhoe problem

Rameyver

Equipment
L3800 tractor la525loader bh77backhoe
Jul 17, 2019
Grayson ky
I just bought a bh77 backhoe for my l3800 and cannot get the hydraulics to work. I used the power beyond hose for power as described in the backhoe manual. A long hose from the loader control valve with a male quick connect goes to the backhoe and the a shorter hose was ran from the Lower block where the other end of the power beyond hose was connected. When I have the tractor running the down riggers will jerk around when I move the controls but will not operate up or down. The same thing happens with the boom controls. All the quick connects seem okay. I watched it operate on a l3800 when I bought it a few weeks ago.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I just bought a bh77 backhoe for my l3800 and cannot get the hydraulics to work. I used the power beyond hose for power as described in the backhoe manual. A long hose from the loader control valve with a male quick connect goes to the backhoe and the a shorter hose was ran from the Lower block where the other end of the power beyond hose was connected. When I have the tractor running the down riggers will jerk around when I move the controls but will not operate up or down. The same thing happens with the boom controls. All the quick connects seem okay. I watched it operate on a l3800 when I bought it a few weeks ago.
I just bought the same hoe for my L3200 a couple weeks ago and did the install myself as well. It’s worked perfectly. One thing is can think of is do u have the 3 pt lever all the way down?

Rameyver

Equipment
L3800 tractor la525loader bh77backhoe
Jul 17, 2019
Grayson ky
The lever was not all the way down but still did not work when I put it down. The tractor labors when ai move the levers but nothing happens. I am thinking fluid is not returning but don’t know what to do to fix it. The quick connects all seem to work but I can’t be sure.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
At first I thought wrong way connections, but it was working on another similar tractor and I'll 'assume' factory plumbed ??
so....
OK, silly question... but... have you checked oil level ? With a BH, you'd need to 'top up', as every cylinder will need to be 1/2full. 6 cylinders=+-3 cylinders of oil needs to be added.
Check the manual though, with my D-14 , I check hyd oil with tractor running, rockshaft fully up.

Jay

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I'd double check the quick disconnects. Even though you checked them, sometimes they are like fuses...you think they are OK, but when something doesn't work you take a meter and find one burnt.

Sounds like something simple is causing a restriction.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
If it’s connected correctly item it sounds like low oil or air in cylinders or both. Check level and when you verify it’s up where it should be try one cylinder at a time in and out several times to remove air.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
In view of the fact that no one has an exact answer for you, consider posting the manual you have used to do the installation so what you have done can be reviewed in case something basic with a power beyond port has been done incorrectly.

You could put it on Kubotabooks.com and then post that you have done so.

I do not know your tractor but have looked at other TLB's where the main hydraulic supply went to the Hoe valve and then, from its power beyond, to the rest of the machine.

In view of your observation that the return path is compromised, you could consider directing the return hose into a clean bucket to see if the machine changes. If you keep the fluid clean, you can reuse it. The test should be brief so as not to drain the reservoir and cause damage.

Dave

Last edited:

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Pictures of the loader valve where you hooked up, the block underneath the right floor board and the rear connections might help too.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
A long hose from the loader control valve with a male quick connect goes to the backhoe and the a shorter hose was ran from the Lower block where the other end of the power beyond hose was connected.
Just 2 hoses between backhoe and tractor? There should be 3, I believe. One from Loader PB port to backhoe supply. Second hose from backhoe PB port to hydraulic block (supplying the 3ph). Third hose from backhoe Tank port to the tractor's reservoir.

So, with both loader and backhoe in neutral, fluid flows from hydraulic block to loader supply port, through loader control PB port to the backhoe control supply port, through the backhoe PB control port back to the hydraulic block, from there to the 3ph and on into the reservoir.

If the loader control is activated, it interrupts flow to the backhoe and 3ph and fluid returns to the reservoir through the loader control tank port and hose. If the backhoe is operated, it interrupts flow to the 3ph and fluid returns to the reservoir through the backhoe control tank port and hose.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Just 2 hoses between backhoe and tractor? There should be 3, I believe. One from Loader PB port to backhoe supply. Second hose from backhoe PB port to hydraulic block (supplying the 3ph). Third hose from backhoe Tank port to the tractor's reservoir.

So, with both loader and backhoe in neutral, fluid flows from hydraulic block to loader supply port, through loader control PB port to the backhoe control supply port, through the backhoe PB control port back to the hydraulic block, from there to the 3ph and on into the reservoir.

If the loader control is activated, it interrupts flow to the backhoe and 3ph and fluid returns to the reservoir through the loader control tank port and hose. If the backhoe is operated, it interrupts flow to the 3ph and fluid returns to the reservoir through the backhoe control tank port and hose.
When installed mine it was just two hoses, removed power beyond hose from loader to the block, hose from PB when to the back for the hoe, other hose went from where the original PB hose was on the block to the back for return.