Lock n lube

pjoh784350

Equipment
BX23, quick attach bucket, 3 point, pallet forks
May 3, 2019
Danville
anyone use lock n lube grease coupler, I bought the XL for some of the harder to reach fittings? I also bought the grease caps, any thoughts.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
anyone use lock n lube grease coupler, I bought the XL for some of the harder to reach fittings? I also bought the grease caps, any thoughts.

Many here use LNL, me included. Not familiar with the grease caps, unless it’s zerk covers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I use LNL. Works well.

bxray

Equipment
Bx25d
Dec 1, 2014
Cleveland, ohio
I love it. Changed all my guns.

I no longer have to hold the end on the fitting to keep it on and no longer have to yank it off a stubborn fitting!

Ray

shiraz627

Equipment
BX23S Piranha toothbar, Underarmor, PFL1242 pallet forks, BXpanded thumb, ripper
Aug 1, 2018
Kingsland. GA
It's OK, can be an issue if you have tight, hard to access fittings.

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
I just recently got a brand new grease gun and got the LNL to go with it as my old gun started leaking. I love it so far. My old gun id have to snatch so hard on some of the grease fittings on my lawn mower, and Ive busted my knuckles more than once getting it off in a tight area. The LNL is so much easier and effortless to use. The single and only downside to it is what Shiraz627 mentioned. It is a bit longer than a standard coupler, so if you have a super tight spot with little cleareance in front of your zerk, it can be a problem getting the LNL onto the nipple properly. Might not hurt to buy a set of zerks with some 90 and 45 degree options in the assortment and change out any zerks you may not be able to get to if possible.

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Love mine, took me 4 years to justify buying one, just could not think of spending that much on something I use so little.

Fast forward, tractor, disk, mower, and brush hog due for grease this weekend. If it breaks doing the above Amazon will be sending me a new one first of the week.

Would not be without one no fuss greasing and I can reach all my zerks easily except one and even the one I can get it on with some patience.

Matched up with my Dewalt battery operated grease gun it is a nice setup.

In 30 minutes tonight all the above will be greased.

anthonyv

Equipment
BX24 BX2200
Jan 24, 2017
SC
I also hesitated to buy one because of price, but now I am glad I did. Very satisfied with it especially when greasing the MMM bearings. Before had to hold nozzle & try to look around & under to see grease coming out, now nozzle is locked onto zerk & can pump away, much more convenient.

JeepinMaxx

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660, LA243 FEL, RCK54P-23BX MMM, BX2751 QH Subframe, BX2750D 50" Blower
Mar 27, 2018
Columbia, CT
I've been using the L&L for a year on both my guns. Make greasing a breeze. For the occasional hard to reach fitting, I use a needle attachement.

I also use plastic L&L zerk fitting caps. They are yellow, and not only do they keep dust/dirt off the fittings, the bright color helps me see where all my fittings are so I don't forget any!

pjoh784350

Equipment
BX23, quick attach bucket, 3 point, pallet forks
May 3, 2019
Danville
update: Love the LNL but not so sure about the grease caps. It takes longer to take them off and put them back on than it does to grease. Plus you end up with a lot of grease on your hands. I may abandon them totally at next greasing.

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
I've been using the L&L for a year on both my guns. Make greasing a breeze. For the occasional hard to reach fitting, I use a needle attachement.

I also use plastic L&L zerk fitting caps. They are yellow, and not only do they keep dust/dirt off the fittings, the bright color helps me see where all my fittings are so I don't forget any!
Ditto. I love both of these additions to my greasing chores.