Safety Switch Sensor intermittent

Topper54

Equipment
B2650
Mar 19, 2018
Centerville Ohio ,USA
Have 2017, 2650B, 100hrs. Trouble starting. Troubleshoot to foot pedal sensor safety switch. Started tractor by jumping starter to at least load on trailer and haul 120 miles to dealer for warranty work. Been sitting at dealer for a week unable to duplicate starting problem. Seems to be working fine now. Don't want to haul 120 miles back to my farm and have same problem occur.. Is there a way to bypass those safety switches other than to jump starter.
Dealer doesn't want to replace foot pedal sensor switch and send back to Kubota. If it checks out good at Kubota, dealer doesn't get credit for warranty work.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
No. It is a NO/NC switch which can't be bypassed. Well it "can", but it'll either start and not "go" or it won't start. You'll have to find out if the switch itself is bad or if it's just out of adjustment or what and then plan the repair accordingly.

My suggestion is to go to the dealer and see if YOU can jump on your tractor and maybe you can duplicate the issue, and then ask them to find a solution once it's duplicated. I have done this several times and most of the time the owner is doing something different than we are; maybe shutting engine off while the HST pedal is still down, or whatever.

I hate these kinds of problems.....

Topper54

Equipment
B2650
Mar 19, 2018
Centerville Ohio ,USA
Lugbolt,
Thanks for the reply. I did jump starter to start tractor. Pretty much think it is the switch in the foot pedal. Dealer cant duplicate. They have had tractor for a week, starts every time they try. They also wont replace foot pedal sensor under warranty. They said if they replace and send back to Kubota, and it works, their claim will be disallowed. So now I put tractor back on trailer and haul 120 miles for it not to work? Real PIA for tractor with only 98 hours.\

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Likely the switch costs less than gas for a 240 mile trip towing a trailer.

Buy one, when the trouble appears, change it and see if the issue is gone.

Dave

Mister

Jul 13, 2018
Northwest
Lugbolt,
Thanks for the reply. I did jump starter to start tractor. Pretty much think it is the switch in the foot pedal. Dealer cant duplicate. They have had tractor for a week, starts every time they try. They also wont replace foot pedal sensor under warranty. They said if they replace and send back to Kubota, and it works, their claim will be disallowed. So now I put tractor back on trailer and haul 120 miles for it not to work? Real PIA for tractor with only 98 hours.\
Well I bet it starts every time they try. What do you bet it hasn't moved spots since it was pulled in and parked and the brake put on. This stupid pedal switch needs to be worked to see the problem. Drive around. Stop, start. Then they're more likely to have the thing stick and not start. Honestly, my tractor has done this since it was brand new. I have to just jiggle the pedal half the time to get it to start, or allow me to idle the tractor and get off the seat. It's a stupid safety thing that once again causes headaches

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

07wingnut

Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Clearwater, BC, CA
I have posted this before, it is a pet peeve with me. If these companies want to put in all this safety crap to protect themselves from liability problems caused by owners who don't know what they are doing, or are just plain careless, then the circuitry and switches associated with this better be bullet proof. There are very few things more aggravating than jumping on your tractor to get something done, and have the thing not start because some cheap little switch just calved or went out of adjustment.
All the safety gear on my BX23 is still in place and functioning as it should, but if it malfunctions, and I need the tractor NOW, I engage my bypass switch, which as the name implies, bypasses all the safety switches. You don't need it until you do.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
I just had to replace that switch on my B2650. It was an intermittent problem, and had to do alot of tinkering to get it to act up. Replaced it and all is good. If you are pretty sure that is it and 120 miles from the dealer, I would spend the $39.00 for the switch and be done with it for sure.

Topper54

Equipment
B2650
Mar 19, 2018
Centerville Ohio ,USA
RKIDD
thanks for the reply. Pretty sure it is the safety switch that sits under the forward/reverse foot pedal. To start, really had to manipulate that pedal. I just ordered the replacement part from the dealer, $55. Inflation I guess.
Is it difficult to replace? Pretty accessible? I can see it, but never paid attention on how to remove and replace until now.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
It is very easy to replace. Unplug the connector. Has 2 lock nuts on the switch that hold it on a bracket. The 2 nuts allow you to adjust it in the bracket for proper engagement of the switch.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
I recall having trouble with that switch on my L3200HST not long after delivery. It was an intermittent problem as well. It wasn't too difficult to adjust. This was back in 2012 so there are some details I have forgotten. I think it only needed about 1 to 1-1/2 threads to make it fully reliable. I sort of recall it was mounted on an L shaped bracket that was threaded, and unbolting the bracket to work on it.