SW Pa
Im sure she had help though it seems she does know her way around a motor

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
A very well presented, clearly communicated presentation. My guess is she met her husband at a trade school! She knows her stuff.

Most mechanic's videos have so much background noise, or their presentation is in their shop which make the audio like they are in a barrel. Or they're outside and hear all the traffic and planes flying over. I can't tolerate listening to most of them, and the start off with too much humming and hawing with nothing meaningful said.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
I am of the mind she either had an caring father or an equally awesome grandpa. Most of all, she had interest and inclination.

My daughter started doing work on her car and I bought her bigger breaker bars and showed her how air tools work. She's a believer.

She does her own service as well as brakes and rotors. Been doing it for years. She ate the lunch of some guys at Midas when she took some rotors in. They thought she was a dumb blonde kid and wanted to charge her $40 apiece just to turn the rotors. She said, "Forget THAT! I can buy new ones for that price." They ended up doing them for $10. LOL...

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Back inthe late 60s, there were 2 young ladies who were sisters that were a year or 2 ahead of me Dad was a gear head with no sons, soo the girls were taught about cars and motors and how to drive,,, FAST ,,,, The oldest had a early 60s model Olds Cutlass that came out of Dads garage, with a really worked over 400, the younger, drove a Chevelle with a 396 that would not quit!
It was always fun to watch some out of towner mess with the girls. Hey does your Daddy know you have his car,, or ,, OH your boyfriend let your drive his car. And they would joke how they didnt know much but would bet they could beat you.
Neither one would have a go unless there was money! And to be honest I dont ever recall them losing to many times.. One I do remember the youngest losing to a YANKO vett,, that car was bad JUJU.

Anyways they both married gearheads and moved away, I heard one along with her hubby opened a speed shop some place in Ohio. Ya gota love a gal that knows how to change her own oil

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
And to think, most GUYs her age can't even change the wiper blades on their car without help from Autozone.

She is a keeper.

I wonder if she needs a sugar daddy..... :D

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
NASCAR is doing more road courses nowadays. Halie is doing well on those too. Remember when you watch this, this kid isn't yet 18 and has only been racing NASCAR for a little over a year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O1tsD88e68

Last edited: