Swinging Draw Bar L2501

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I want to use an old 5 ft pull type disc behind a L2501. I was wondering if someone has fashioned a swinging draw bar for two reasons. One to reduce the wear on the disc as it turns. Second is to set the pivot point to the rear so the tongue of the disc does not come into contact with the rear tires. I was going to place a bar, like the ones used on the rear of an old ford, between the 3 point arms and then use a bar from the draw bar of the L2501 over the ford type bar to connect to the disc.

Any ideas?

Thank you

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I want to use an old 5 ft pull type disc behind a L2501. I was wondering if someone has fashioned a swinging draw bar for two reasons. One to reduce the wear on the disc as it turns. Second is to set the pivot point to the rear so the tongue of the disc does not come into contact with the rear tires. I was going to place a bar, like the ones used on the rear of an old ford, between the 3 point arms and then use a bar from the draw bar of the L2501 over the ford type bar to connect to the disc.

Any ideas?

Thank you
Buy a new disk, or alter yours to be a three point type.

The drawbar type disks don't do very well on these tractors because they lack the weight of the older tractors.
You could very well get yourself into quick trouble trying to run it as a swinging drawbar.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
My father and I pulled this disc with a Farmall Cub for over 40 years rated at approximately 10 hp. It was used with the standard swinging draw bar that was designed for the Cub. The ability to change the angle of the disc on the go makes it most useful. You set the blades straight and bust up the larger clods. Angle the blades to obtain a good level smooth bed. I would hope a L2501 would out pull the Cub. I am mainly worried about the tongue of the disc hitting the rear tires.