Need something on fel for more agressive help in picking up clay.

Frank46

Equipment
L3800 La524 loader
Nov 4, 2013
new Iberia,LA
Few years back had to get a new septic system for the house. Good old Louisiana clay about 6-7 yards which now looks like a jungle scene from Jurassic Park. Some small trash trees grew in it and I can cut these down and burn them. But still have to deal with the clay. At present the FEL is a straight Kubots factory item. I have a L3800 with a LA 524 bucket. So I.m looking for something that has teeth that stick out to try a rip up the clay so's it''s easier to pick up. And help me with picking up tree limbs as I have a bunch of trees that are dying and move them to the burn pile. Must be bolt on as I have an air compressor and impact gun. I really envy the members who can weld and have their own welding machines. Thanks Frank

sparky45

Equipment
L 3301DT
Dec 5, 2018
SEDAN
Frank; I've been real pleased with my Piranha tooth bar. I have the 525 FEL on my L3301 and it WILL dig.

Frank46

Equipment
L3800 La524 loader
Nov 4, 2013
new Iberia,LA
Is there a dealers website where I can look at what you are talking about. Kinda out of the loop as far as bolt on accessories are concerned. I'm 72 and have joint problems and want to get the most out of my L3800. You know the saying worm smarter. Thanks for your reply. Fraank

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Frank, I can second the piranha tooth bar from bxpanded. I have it on my L3200 and deal with the same fine Louisiana clay. I’ve dug a hole that I could bury my Kubota in with just the loader and toothbar. Works good for brush too, only issue I had is it’s sharp so sometimes it will just cut the brush off, I like to hit it and pull the roots and all out.

Sodark

Equipment
2018 B2650 HST ROPS, BH77 Backhoe
May 15, 2018
Pacific Northwest US
Don't bother shopping. The Piranah Tooth Bar is what you're looking for, there's a hundred threads on here and elsewhere of people touting them. They should come standard on every bucket. You won't be disappointed. YouTube it.

Reactions: 1 user

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Don't bother shopping. The Piranah Tooth Bar is what you're looking for, there's a hundred threads on here and elsewhere of people touting them. They should come standard on every bucket. You won't be disappointed. YouTube it.
I'll second that, money well spent.

Tropical Jack

Equipment
Kubota L3301 w/ FEL & BH, tilt and trim, chipper, box blade, grading blade
The Piranha Toothbar from BXpanded is great. I have one on my L3301, and it has worked very well for me. Only problem is, if you need the toothbar immediately. BXpanded has a lead time of over a month.

Jack