Partially Folding a ROPS

tealetm

Equipment
B7200 and B2601
Apr 20, 2015
Upstate, NY
I'm a bit puzzled. On my B2601 Kubota has three sets of holes allowing you to fold the ROPS all the way down, only partially down (angled) or fully upright.

I can only assume that they state that the ROPs must be fully up to provide the designed protection.

So why would they allow you to only partially fold it down versus just folding it down all the way? Seems like its asking for trouble if it doesn't provide adequate protection?

michigander

Equipment
B2601
May 29, 2018
Northern Michigan
I'm a newer owner 14 hours on machine

1/2 down for me to clear garage door , and yes bang head on it more than once down.

Full up with seat belt I read as full protection

All the way down looks like would mess with rear blade on 3 point and or tail lights ? I've never tried that yet.

jkcolo22

Equipment
BX25D
Jan 5, 2017
Castle Rock, Colorado
I think storage. If you have a backhoe and pivot to one side (to shorten the overall length) or taller 3 point implements, the ROPS can make contact when fully folded. I wish my BX25D had this feature. I have to stick a piece a of 2x6 in between my ROPS and backhoe during the winter months when I store the machine in my smaller garage. Built a new garage with 14’ doors so I don’t have that problem anymore in the summer, but like to keep my plow closer to the garage/paved driveway during the winter for the white stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tealetm

Equipment
B7200 and B2601
Apr 20, 2015
Upstate, NY
I didn't think about all the way down being a problem with implements/lights hence the midway option. Good point, thanks.

leoric

Equipment
B2650 since 2018. BH77, LA534, Forks, 60" Bucket, 60" Mid mount mower
Mar 13, 2019
Indianapolis
Can confirm on my b2650 with the ROPS all the way down it'll hit my 3pt top link.