F2000 - Won't Move

malcolm

Equipment
F2000
Jul 16, 2009
Calgary, AB
F2000 front mower, diesel, 4wd, with HST. Everything works as it should ( blades turn, deck goes up and down, steering moves easily) except for HST. Twice, the unit was working fine and then suddenly stopped. No forward or reverse. Leave overnight and seems to go. I changed fluid (used UDT) and filter. The third time it stopped, it didn't go again. No forward, no reverse. Tried adjusting linkage to compensate for wear (3500 hrs on unit). Didn't help. When foot control is pushed, the engine seems to slow slightly. Drive shaft from engine is rotating.

HELP.

rbcsaver

Equipment
B7510
Jul 10, 2009
NE PA
F2000 front mower, diesel, 4wd, with HST. Everything works as it should ( blades turn, deck goes up and down, steering moves easily) except for HST. Twice, the unit was working fine and then suddenly stopped. No forward or reverse. Leave overnight and seems to go. I changed fluid (used UDT) and filter. The third time it stopped, it didn't go again. No forward, no reverse. Tried adjusting linkage to compensate for wear (3500 hrs on unit). Didn't help. When foot control is pushed, the engine seems to slow slightly. Drive shaft from engine is rotating.
HELP.
Sounds like the clutch is shot??
Steve

malcolm

Equipment
F2000
Jul 16, 2009
Calgary, AB
I talked with local Kubota service today. They said that the F2000 has two seperate pumping systems, one for mower lift and one for drive. They believe drive side is worn or damaged so that mower will not move. They said parts alone would be $1500. And then I still have a mower with 3600 hrs.

Does anyone know-
What Kubota told me is true?
Can this pump be fixed for less?
Is it an easy fix?
Is it really the pump?
Thanks for any help.
Malcolm

malcolm

Equipment
F2000
Jul 16, 2009
Calgary, AB
Vic
I took out both screens. Both seemed very clean. No debris on screen. Is the next thing the pump? If so, what is a average cost for parts (I can do labor)?
thanks
Malcolm

Lance Skene

Nov 4, 2016
Irricana, Alberta, Canada
Malcolm are you still on this forum??? I realize this is a very old thread but I think I might have your old f2000, I picked one up south of Strathmore a couple weeks ago and then found this thread while trying to research what issues it might have. I got it running but a couple of hydraulic lines have been removed from the hydro pump at the rear of the tranny. Im debating if I should try and repair it or just pull the engine to put in something else. I buy/sell lawn and garden equipment as a part time retirement income and this Kubota came along with a couple MF1010 tractors and a CC154 in a package deal.... btw the bota show 39xx hours. Like to hear from ya if you still around.

Reactions: 1 user

StefanSwe

Equipment
Kubota F2000, Ferguson 4355, John Deere 332, Agria front mover with MAG engine
May 26, 2021
Sweden/Miami
Now this thread is even older :)
Lance, do you still have parts for this mover? Just bought an F2000 and need a drive axle, the one between front and rear.
THX Stefan

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Stefan, if you “click“ on a usernames’ profile you can see if they’re “still around”.
For example, “malcom” was last seen on these forums in 2009, and Lance was last seen in 2017.