Orange 'Do Not Adjust' Cap

Bmodel7610

Equipment
B7610, loader, mmm
Mar 28, 2013
Hudson, NY
I have not posted in a while, just mostly lurking... I searched the forum, but found nothing so I hope someone here can answer. While changing my oil and filters recently, I came across this orange cap that says, "Do Not Adjust". I can't find where it goes for the life of me....

Anyone got an idea? Thanks

Attachments

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I have not posted in a while, just mostly lurking... I searched the forum, but found nothing so I hope someone here can answer. While changing my oil and filters recently, I came across this orange cap that says, "Do Not Adjust". I can't find where it goes for the life of me....

what is the scale of that? smaller than a dime?

This is on your B7610?

This have HST?

Last edited:

MilkyWay

Dec 5, 2010
Dahlonega, GA

I am not sure where you found it; on your tractor, in the engine or what! I do not however think it is related to your tractor. The only time I have ever noticed one of those caps, it was on a bottle jack; I think it is a 'dust cap' or similar.
BTW, anybody out there got a 5mm, 0.8 pitch, left hand jamb nut? I need one, which my dealer will order for me if they can find one. It is only, $27.43 for one nut. WTF; are they nuts? Now, they do stock the right hand, and otherwise exact same jamb nut and it is a bit more reasonable; $0.26. Messicks has it for about the same price/cost.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Bmodel7610

Equipment
B7610, loader, mmm
Mar 28, 2013
Hudson, NY
About the size of a dime. I was working on the B7610 HST at the time, but the floor jack was next to me... I'll check that too....

Thanks.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I think Milky-Way has hit the dime on the head. It's a protective cover off of a floor jack pressure-regulator-screw.

MilkyWay

Dec 5, 2010
Dahlonega, GA
I think Milky-Way has hit the dime on the head. It's a protective cover off of a floor jack pressure-regulator-screw.
That reminds me of Dakota Johnson in 50 Shades when she was drunk, talking to some guy in the movie and said "you hit the hail on the ned". Some things just stick with you. Also thanks to each of youse guys for help/advice with the nut; I did not get a chance to go there yet but I will. Have a look if your interested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8rv0s2zwfQ

Last edited:

NesconsetJohn

Mar 1, 2022
Pennsylvania

Yes it’s a cap on your jack. There are many different jacks but it goes to a jack in your workshop. Here is the jack, it is on, on mine. Hope this helps.

Attachments

Njtool

Equipment
Lx2610 HSDC. BH77 backhoe
Jan 1, 2021
New jersey
Yes it’s a cap on your jack. There are many different jacks but it goes to a jack in your workshop. Here is the jack, it is on, on mine. Hope this helps.
This thread has been dead for 3 years. Please take notice of the age of the thread before you reply.

Boatman

Equipment
Kubota L2800, Kubota BX1870
Nov 26, 2016
Mill Spring, NC, US
I am not sure where you found it; on your tractor, in the engine or what! I do not however think it is related to your tractor. The only time I have ever noticed one of those caps, it was on a bottle jack; I think it is a 'dust cap' or similar.
BTW, anybody out there got a 5mm, 0.8 pitch, left hand jamb nut? I need one, which my dealer will order for me if they can find one. It is only, $27.43 for one nut. WTF; are they nuts? Now, they do stock the right hand, and otherwise exact same jamb nut and it is a bit more reasonable; $0.26. Messicks has it for about the same price/cost.

SPEEDAIRE Plated Steel Jam Nut - 5THP6|JM-03 - Grainger

Amazon.com: 4pcs M5 x 0.8mm Pitch Stainless Steel Left Hand Fine Thread Hex Nut Metric ABBOTT : Industrial & Scientific