Hydraulic Thumb for the Kubota BX25-D

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
Paul I get the feeling you are holding back about what you really think about the cost of the LP 3rd function switch :D

I have said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again "WOW". The total package from start to finish. The cover was the icing on the cake.

Very nice Sir. You are building a BX the way I knew the BX could be.

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Paul I get the feeling you are holding back about what you really think about the cost of the LP 3rd function switch :D

I have said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again "WOW". The total package from start to finish. The cover was the icing on the cake.

Very nice Sir. You are building a BX the way I knew the BX could be.
Thank you my friend. Oh ya. It rotted my socks to know they wanted almost $500. for that switch :mad:

Until people start to complain companies will continue to act this way and it's not fair the way it is now.

I really like the BX but I need to make it my own if you know what I mean.

Yesterday I put grease fittings in the grapple. Yup. It came with none :mad:

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyLtnt8Eqi4

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
After watching the video Paul and your portion about the milling machine.......I think your Wifey would like you get this milling machine so she doesn't have that much to clean up :D

Attachments

1coolbanana

Equipment
Kubota BX1860
Jan 9, 2014
Australia
Gotta say.........AWESOME work, great ideas, your workshop is also to die for.
Great videos and thanks so much for going to so much trouble to make it for us :)

But...your weather Im not so keen on :p

Dan_R_42

Equipment
B7100-D, w/ Sims Cab, B219 FEL, ARPS 70 Backhoe, Oversized R4 Tires, LX2610 Cab
Dec 1, 2010
Taunton, MA
Once again Paul - AWESOME...

One question about the switch box mount. You mentioned you were going to use 3 set screws. The finished product appears to have 2 screws. Did you find that it was very secure with 2 screws and eliminated the 3rd ?

Your work is so awesome I always try to pay attention to all your details... :D

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
After watching the video Paul and your portion about the milling machine.......I think your Wifey would like you get this milling machine so she doesn't have that much to clean up :D
Man, I thought my Servo Micromill was small!:eek:

Attachments

Wildfire

Equipment
Oh ya. Wifey wouldn't mind cleaning that one for sure :D. I'd like to own one like that. Very cool :cool:

Gotta say.........AWESOME work, great ideas, your workshop is also to die for.
Great videos and thanks so much for going to so much trouble to make it for us :)

But...your weather Im not so keen on :p
Hey your welcome and thank YOU for watching them. I'm uploading a new video tonight. It's about adding a fuel filter assembly from a Grand L to a BX25-D. It's 65 minutes long :eek:
We got four loads of snow on the way for the next six days.

Once again Paul - AWESOME...

One question about the switch box mount. You mentioned you were going to use 3 set screws. The finished product appears to have 2 screws. Did you find that it was very secure with 2 screws and eliminated the 3rd ?

Your work is so awesome I always try to pay attention to all your details... :D
Thanks Dan. Man you got a good eye. Yes my intentions was to put three set screws in the switch box but after putting in two of the I new it was enough and the third wasn't needed.
I appreciate your kind words. Thank you very much.

Man, I thought my Servo Micromill was small!:eek:
It is small :D

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
It is small
Yeah, not much good for hoggin', but that's what the V-mill is for. Did a lot of tiny, fine stuff with an identical one when I was in research; vacuum metal deposition masks in SS & Berylium Copper, (before photolith was around) wee little stainless u-joints, (for .020 shafting) & gas orifices…… drilled some 17-4PH stainless gas restricter orifices .013 diameter .400 deep, and some more .006 diameter .125 deep.
Think I've still got some of those drills bits in one of my tool boxes….

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Foot I aint got a clue what you just said but Im impressed, I think:confused:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Foot I aint got a clue what you just said but Im impressed, I think
Me neither
LMAO….. Thanks guys, probably sounds more impressive than it is, but I will admit that drilling holes that small, that deep in 17-4PH Stainless was a cast iron bitch….. the average human hair usually runs .003 to .008 in diameter.

1coolbanana

Equipment
Kubota BX1860
Jan 9, 2014
Australia
LMAO….. Thanks guys, probably sounds more impressive than it is, but I will admit that drilling holes that small, that deep in 17-4PH Stainless was a cast iron bitch….. the average human hair usually runs .003 to .008 in diameter.
I know what you mean Lil Foot, I use these drills for jets :)

Hair from certain parts of the anatomy of certain ethnicities can even get up to 0.012" :p :D

Last edited:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Hair from certain parts of the anatomy of certain ethnicities can even get up to 0.012"
Brings to mind that old standard machining unit of measurement, the RCH.:D

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
Thank you my friend. Oh ya. It rotted my socks to know they wanted almost $500. for that switch :mad:

Until people start to complain companies will continue to act this way and it's not fair the way it is now.

I really like the BX but I need to make it my own if you know what I mean.

Yesterday I put grease fittings in the grapple. Yup. It came with none :mad:

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyLtnt8Eqi4
Hey paul 2 more storm fronts coming thru this week headed up the coast to you.

I have a question on threading , it would be really nice to have a lathe to hold my tap straight.lol
The question is how far do you go before backing up (chip busting?) is it different for different size threads. Threading with a die is where i usually end up with a mishapen or broken thread somewhere along the thread run.

Wildfire

Equipment
Hey paul 2 more storm fronts coming thru this week headed up the coast to you.

I have a question on threading , it would be really nice to have a lathe to hold my tap straight.lol
The question is how far do you go before backing up (chip busting?) is it different for different size threads. Threading with a die is where i usually end up with a mishapen or broken thread somewhere along the thread run.
I think winter is here to stay :mad:
I usually go 2-3 revolutions before I back out again. Some people go less than that but I'm a little impatient lol. I like to keep the cutting fluid on the thread as well. That's the real trick to a good thread in my opinion.