Adding a hydraulic top link, what size hose?

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
Missed it! Thanks!

ETA: So dumb question time: Do I need just one per cylinder or two per cylinder (one each for each inlet/outlet)?

Thanks,
Technically you only need one on the rod end port-hose.

However I have found (for whatever reason) that things seem to work out better to have one on each port.

Just my experience, others will differ. ;)

FTG-05

Equipment
L4330 w/FEL, RTV-XG850 and ZD326S
Jul 21, 2013
TN
Technically you only need one on the rod end port-hose.

However I have found (for whatever reason) that things seem to work out better to have one on each port.

Just my experience, others will differ. ;)
Got it, thanks again!

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Hi folks, I am going to add a hydraulic top link to my Kubota M6060 and I am not sure what size hose 3/8, 1/2?, fittings, and quick couplers to get for my application? Dealer is no help and local agrisupply has no idea either. Spoke to another hydraulic top link dealer, but a 20 week wait is more than I can stand. Planning to use the inexpensive option from Agrisupply.

thanks for any help you have give.
It's low flow so size won't matter much. Get the cheapest hose on sale and don't worry. I used 3/8 3500psi hose on mine because 4 footers were on sale for $10/ea.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
This topic is 1 1/2 years old but I will add that when I installed the thumb to my pallet forks I used 1/4" hose instead of the manufacturer's recommended 3/8" hose plus the pair of flow restrictor fittings @ $12 each. The much more economical 1/4" hose restricts the flow very nicely.

Reactions: 1 user