B7000 No Front wheel drive

kaze

Premium Member

Equipment
Kubota B7000 Cub Cadet 1782 Cub Cadet 78D York Three point rake Woods RM 400 mo
Boy I think I found the winner of the week. Oil dilution solved. I posted what cured that under the b7000 post.

Now after spinning rear wheels find while cutting grass the front wheel drive for the 4x4 is not working.
Crawled under the tractor surprise there are no inspection covers.
Raised the left front wheel; spun the wheel no drive shaft moving.
Raised both front wheels: spun the left front wheel and the right front wheel spins in the opposite direction. Good sign.
Pulled the housing for the front drive shaft at the front axle.
Spun the left front wheel and the pinion shaft turns.
The pin in the front universal joint was no where to be found.
The universal joint where it goes onto the pinion shaft is worn smooth no splines. Now to find a new front universal joint and boot for the housing and sleeve. Any help would be a big PLUS

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Boy I think I found the winner of the week. Oil dilution solved. I posted what cured that under the b7000 post.

Now after spinning rear wheels find while cutting grass the front wheel drive for the 4x4 is not working.
Crawled under the tractor surprise there are no inspection covers.
Raised the left front wheel; spun the wheel no drive shaft moving.
Raised both front wheels: spun the left front wheel and the right front wheel spins in the opposite direction. Good sign.
Pulled the housing for the front drive shaft at the front axle.
Spun the left front wheel and the pinion shaft turns.
The pin in the front universal joint was no where to be found.
The universal joint where it goes onto the pinion shaft is worn smooth no splines. Now to find a new front universal joint and boot for the housing and sleeve. Any help would be a big PLUS
Pictures of everything would help.
Sounds like you're going to need to get a new ring and pinion (they are a matched set).

kaze

Premium Member

Equipment
pinion shaft splines are fine If i use the long half of the universal joint ( the one that splines to the drive shaft) the splines on it slide on the pinion shaft.

The short part of the universal joint that should go onto the pinion shaft splines
with the hole for the spiral pin locking it on. this part has the splines worn off to smooth bore.

Need the front universal joint and I should be ok but what part fits it? they list the b6000 and the b7100 in parts not in a complete universal. All I have is a Chinese press. A big hammer an anvil and various sockets.

Attachments

Last edited:

kaze

Premium Member

Equipment
I think this is what it may need but it is for a b7100.

67121-57250 Front joint assembly.

It does come in pieces but all totaled and the time put together?

will that fit the b7000 ?

Right now all I can say is it is 14 spline

Attachments

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I think the B7000 drive and the B7100 drive takes the same parts, but i have no way to confirm that. :confused:

kaze

Premium Member

Equipment
I have a universal joint on the way will leave you know

The front universal joint took a scenic tour to get here. Apparently the usps put it on the wrong truck; from the start of a tour throw Washington DC and MD.
Tried the splines on the pinion. not s real snug fit but it is the same number of splines so will unwrap the package and see if the spiral pin is in the right place. If so will try it. Right now am trying to remove the square fill plug for the front differential. Some one had repaired the holes in the housing for the universal joint. Brazed the cracks and instead of 90 weight it was full of grease.

We are not going on the road so will probably do the same like a 00 grease.
But I need to see if the pinion has oil in it before running in 4x4.

Update used a 85-90 weight oil as I do not know how this ring and pinion is. Heated the housing by the fill plug, used penetrating oil. heated again oil and left soak a day. Used a square drive socket and it broke loose. Took a bolt out of one of the side covers to try to leave air out while grease was going in. Did not seem to help looked more like a blind hole. But it turned out pretty good. The grass was wet on a slight slope in the back yard. Got the rear wheels to slip the stopped and put it into 4 wheel drive. Yes the front wheels turned and up the slope we went. Did not even use the rear diff lock. Progress on this guy.

Last edited: