Loaned my tiller to my BIL

Yotekiller

Equipment
Kubota L2502, LP 60" BB, LP pallet forks, 60" KK Tiller, 55" HSI root grapple
Sep 29, 2023
Southern Indiana
So I loaned my 5' tiller to my brother in law to use on is John Deere 3520. I got it back after a couple of weeks and he said his tractor was just way to tippy to be able to till the area he needed done. I was over there for Mothers day and seen he has a walk behind tiller but it wasn't working out. He told my sister that no way was this going to get done, it just wasn't possible. So, the next day I loaded up my 2502 and ran over to their house and tilled the spot up with no issues. It was steep for sure but not once did my tractor ever feel like my tractor was seriously going to tip. I know my day is coming because I put my tractor in spots that it really probably shouldn't be. I cut a very ling trail down and along the side of a very steep gorge through thick woods one afternoon. After I was finished I was amazed I actually took my tractor through that and survived. The loaded tires and heavy implement on that back sure does make this tractor stable.

My sister told me that I gave her the best Mother's Day gift of all. That made my day!

Reactions: 6 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
So I loaned my 5' tiller to my brother in law to use on is John Deere 3520. I got it back after a couple of weeks and he said his tractor was just way to tippy to be able to till the area he needed done. I was over there for Mothers day and seen he has a walk behind tiller but it wasn't working out. He told my sister that no way was this going to get done, it just wasn't possible. So, the next day I loaded up my 2502 and ran over to their house and tilled the spot up with no issues. It was steep for sure but not once did my tractor ever feel like my tractor was seriously going to tip. I know my day is coming because I put my tractor in spots that it really probably shouldn't be. I cut a very ling trail down and along the side of a very steep gorge through thick woods one afternoon. After I was finished I was amazed I actually took my tractor through that and survived. The loaded tires and heavy implement on that back sure does make this tractor stable.

My sister told me that I gave her the best Mother's Day gift of all. That made my day!
Sweet!
Now,.......don't do that again!
You KNOW that it was dangerous!

Reactions: 1 user

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
With the title, I was expecting a disastrous outcome from loaning it out.

Reactions: 6 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Sounds like your brother-in-law is smarter than me and you both!

I too was expecting a horror story about lending your tiller out...

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Lost a member of our pistol team last week. I'm sure this wasn't the first time he mowed that yard.

At 72 I would wonder a bit if he ran off the drop off and died or if he had some medical incident that caused him to run off the drop off. Tragic either way.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Glad you got it done! I believe the JD 3520 is a bit smaller/lighter than the L2501/2. As others have noted, the L2501/2 acts like it has more HP than it does with great torque.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
At 72 I would wonder a bit if he ran off the drop off and died or if he had some medical incident that caused him to run off the drop off. Tragic either way.
Information is limited as to the details, but he was in pretty decent shape and still a competitive pistolero.

I get a kick out of the news reports calling anyone past 65 or so "elderly". Many of us are still very functional after we pass 70.

Of course there's my one BIL who passed at the age of 55 a few years ago. He had the physique of a guy half his age, ate well, ran daily and had a very healthy lifestyle in general. Walked into a bathroom after saying he didn't feel well and was gone in a matter of minutes. Heart attack.

Yotekiller

Equipment
Kubota L2502, LP 60" BB, LP pallet forks, 60" KK Tiller, 55" HSI root grapple
Sep 29, 2023
Southern Indiana
Sorry fellers, no horror stories about him damaging my tiller. He's the one guy I know would make it right if he did. He also is a director of a large shop that works on tractors and he's master mechanic.

The story was just about the 3520 being too tippy where the 2502 ate that work right up without hesitation. I have operated his 3520 a few times and even though it's physically about the same size and has 12 more HP, my 2502 seems like twice the tractor. His son in law says the same thing as well so I know it's not just me.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Loaned my Troybuilt out,, and now it is torn apart in the garage waiting to put a new motor on it... neber let anyone play with your toys !

Reactions: 1 users