B6000 rear axle seal and fan belt change

yyri

Equipment
b6000, rototiller, rear blade, atv trailer
Jun 19, 2023
Finland
My B6000 is dripping some oil from rear axle seals, both side (~2 liters over the winter parked in garage). I got seals from tracpartz and was going to change them, but it wasn't like on B7100 like on youtube. I have to take off the blue cover on top of the seal (brake cover?), but is there going to be some extra steps? Can the seals be pulled without taking off the "bell housing" where the rear axle goes?

1715428284420.jpeg

Also fan belt needs change, I think the engine must be lifted ~1 centimeter to get the new belt on. While in there, I got new radiator hoses + clamps for it too. Anything else what I should do while it's torn down?
I tried to check valve clearances, but couldn't turn the engine as I didn't have socket large enough to fit on the crankshaft nut.

1715428303464.jpeg

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
My B6000 is dripping some oil from rear axle seals, both side (~2 liters over the winter parked in garage). I got seals from tracpartz and was going to change them, but it wasn't like on B7100 like on youtube. I have to take off the blue cover on top of the seal (brake cover?), but is there going to be some extra steps? Can the seals be pulled without taking off the "bell housing" where the rear axle goes?

View attachment 128079

Also fan belt needs change, I think the engine must be lifted ~1 centimeter to get the new belt on. While in there, I got new radiator hoses + clamps for it too. Anything else what I should do while it's torn down?
I tried to check valve clearances, but couldn't turn the engine as I didn't have socket large enough to fit on the crankshaft nut.

View attachment 128080
Buy the socket needed to turn the engine, for valve clearance check!

Reactions: 1 user

yyri

Equipment
b6000, rototiller, rear blade, atv trailer
Jun 19, 2023
Finland
Thank you both, I'll buy the socket to fit the nut.
I guess the nut is tightening when rotating the engine (clockwise viewing from front), so it won't come off. I should pull the glowplugs off to help, but little afraid they are properly stuck there
:rolleyes:

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I don’t think you should have to do much to replace the fan belt. At least on my L185 it was straight forward but a little tedious to replace.

And isn’t the engine actually the frame so you can’t really lift it? I guess you could remove the front axle to gain access but that would be a lot of work required to replace the fan belt