Stand or Storage Options

RobAndress

Equipment
BX2370
Apr 21, 2024
Cornwall Canada
I'm wondering if anyone has a stand for their pine rake or land rake? Something you store it on that allows you to hook to a 3 point hitch without getting a hernia?

Let me know what you got..

Reactions: 1 user

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
No rake but the rear blades are a similar design and concern. They either want to roll on their back or tilt forward with the top in to the ground. I use a couple of dolly’s from Harbor Freight and rest the blade on the back. It allows me to easily position the attachment and get the lower arms attached. Once this is done I can lift it off the dolly’s, lower it down and position the blade so the attachment is in its upright position and attach the top link. If no concrete for dolly’s then you could build a small support out of steel or wood that will keep the 3 pt attachment elevated so it is easier to attach/remove.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I’ve got an old trailer jack ive been meaning to put on mine, just haven’t gotten to it. Think @RCW came up with something on his (it might have been on a blade though)

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I'm wondering if anyone has a stand for their pine rake or land rake? Something you store it on that allows you to hook to a 3 point hitch without getting a hernia?

Let me know what you got..
Hey Rob,
Here is my stand setup for my landscape rake. See post #16 and later for the pics and hitch mods. the stand brackets were made from some scraps on hand. They're not quite as handy as I had hoped....but they work.

If I was to do it all over again: I'd make a single "drop down" stand that could just be pinned in either the up position or the down position.

Without the added "ears" for narrowing the hookup, it was a pain to hook up to my B2650. I don't use a quick hitch. Having a narrower spread for the pins made hookup much easier.

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Not to take away from some other neat ideas for stands, but if we’re taking about the landscape rake like @bird dogger has in the link above, with wire tines, could an upended 5 gallon pail work? The load would be maybe 20-30 lbs.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I put mine together on the 3 point and when it was all together wanted to take it off but didn’t have time to make a proper stand so I used a square U-bolt and a scrap piece of 2x4 to make a leg to hold up the front of it. Took almost 5 minutes to make. Originally intended to make a better stand later. I only use it a couple times a year and the 2x4 works so I’ve never “gotten around” to making a better stand.

For mine, it’s not very heavy at all so it doesn’t take much to hold it.