WEMO to control block heater

Mani1147

Equipment
2013 BX2370, belly mower, rear snow blower, rear tiller, front loader
Aug 20, 2013
NB, Canada
Hi folks, this isn't really an attachment but its one handy little rig. If you are into electronic tech stuff, this gadget is a must. Basically, its a 110V 15 amp AC receptacle controller that works in conjunction with your smart phone. I use it to turn on my block heater from work before I get home to start the cleanup. There is also a timer function in the app that you can program to come on/off whenever you choose for those early morning cleanups.
Rather than using the traditional timer that always follows the same routine, snow or not, this is a more dynamic method that you control via smart phone.
Of course, this will only work if you have WIFI coverage where your "Orange beast sleeps".

www.belkin.com

Cheers
Mani

Attachments

alansz400

Equipment
B7500. FEL, Piranha tooth bar, box scraper, post hole digger, 3 pt. bucket
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO
I like it. Sure would have been nice to had one of these when I had septic problems and had to run home from work to plug in the sump pump when it rained real hard.

RoperAndy

Equipment
L3800HST, 5' Landpride cutter, 5' box blade, 6' landscape rake, Bush Hog PHD
Apr 2, 2013
Texas
I like it! Pretty cool. I could do so many things with this... I'll have to buy more than one!

Mani1147

Equipment
2013 BX2370, belly mower, rear snow blower, rear tiller, front loader
Aug 20, 2013
NB, Canada
I like it! Pretty cool. I could do so many things with this... I'll have to buy more than one!
I hear ya, i have 2. One of em in the garage and the other is controlling the Christmas tree ...Im lazy...!!

Last edited: