Removable grapple.

m32825

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Jul 12, 2013
Central FL
That magnetic drill press is cool, I had no idea such a thing existed, thanks for sharing!

-- Carl

m32825

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Jul 12, 2013
Central FL
Your more than welcome. It's a good day when you learn something and if you don't know just ask. ;)
Hah, consider yourself lucky that you're over 2500 miles away... or I'd be over bugging you with how-to questions all the time! :)

-- Carl

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Hah, consider yourself lucky that you're over 2500 miles away... or I'd be over bugging you with how-to questions all the time! :)

-- Carl
Ha. That wouldn't bother me. I have guys dropping in watching me work on a daily basis. One guy is a mechanical engineer. He's in the shop all the time watching and asking questions and he has his own business. I figure when he retires he's moving in lol.

Even the guys who delivers parts to the shop will always ask the wife what I'm into today. They said its the most interesting shop they deliver to. :)

Today I repaired two pallet jacks.
Tig welded an aluminum key
Installed four sets of tires
Repaired a buffer/grinder for the local denturest.
Did a tune up on a 2500 series Chev truck

I got the wife to name the denturest's grinder and cut a decal for it. I don't get bored and I have fun doing it :D

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
Ha. That wouldn't bother me. I have guys dropping in watching me work on a daily basis. One guy is a mechanical engineer. He's in the shop all the time watching and asking questions and he has his own business. I figure when he retires he's moving in lol.

Even the guys who delivers parts to the shop will always ask the wife what I'm into today. They said its the most interesting shop they deliver to. :)

Today I repaired two pallet jacks.
Tig welded an aluminum key
Installed four sets of tires
Repaired a buffer/grinder for the local denturest.
Did a tune up on a 2500 series Chev truck

I got the wife to name the denturest's grinder and cut a decal for it. I don't get bored and I have fun doing it :D

When i was a auto parts sales rep i seemed to spend a lot of time at shops like yours, they got great service and I learned a lot of new tricks.

This is like a weekly "virtual" visit.

I knew about mag drills but had never seen the annular bits, just seeing one laying around i would have thought they were a cutter for a bridgeport mill.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yeah your right,, if he didn't live on an island far far away,, there would be a bunch of us hangin out at his place ;),, Hell I would even spring for coffee:D

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
When i was a auto parts sales rep i seemed to spend a lot of time at shops like yours, they got great service and I learned a lot of new tricks.

This is like a weekly "virtual" visit.

I knew about mag drills but had never seen the annular bits, just seeing one laying around i would have thought they were a cutter for a bridgeport mill.
Actually it could be a virtual visit because we have 12 cameras here that's online. We pondered on doing it at one point but decided against it.

We have a great relationship with our customers. It gets confusing sometimes trying to figure out if they are customers or friends. We've seen them grow old, some has passed on and some of the customers kids come here now. It's the ultimate compliment when the younger customers refer to us as cool lol.

Some of the elderly customers enjoy coming in and we trade stories. Some of them even get treated to breakfast. Coffee and toast. Some of them are so used to it they'll ask the wife for it and that's just great.

As for the mag drill. Great unit. The annular cutters do such a nice clean cut it's like a machined hole. I do use other regular bits with the unit.
When I'm out in the field and need to use it high up I'll weld a chain on the item to attach it to the drill just in case the power cord becomes unplugged. Wouldn't want it crashing to the ground if someone unplugged the power cord or the power unit stalled out such as the welding machine.

Yeah your right,, if he didn't live on an island far far away,, there would be a bunch of us hangin out at his place ;),, Hell I would even spring for coffee:D
And you my friend would be welcome every day. There are days here it's like a stand up comedy act.

Last edited: