My L48 serial number 52175 has loader with quick hitch.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Quick hitch attachments like pallet forks and hay bale spears do not fit! The shoes on loader are too long. Any ideas. Townline Dealer sez there is no such thing.
Since you wrote 'loader', I'm going to assume you meant skid steer quick attach (SSQA), not quick hitch.

Are you saying the tractor adapter is too wide to fit into the implement plate? The adapter should be 44" wide and the implement receptacle should be 45".

If this isn't the problem, we need more explanation, or a picture.
Screenshot_20241002-061753-741.png

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Quick hitch attachments like pallet forks and hay bale spears do not fit! The shoes on loader are too long. Any ideas. Townline Dealer sez there is no such thing.
I have an L48 (serial #61802) loader with Q/A bucket, and forks.
I do not understand your problem.
Please explain this again!

Last edited:

Ottercreeksports

Equipment
L48
Oct 2, 2024
Johnsonvillel, NY
so my loader on L48 is a TL1150 and has the quick disconnect ability. When I take off bucket loader and put on hay spears or pallet forks they will not fit. An old timer said that some were not manufactured with universal shoes. The shoes are too long. My dealer states there is no such thing they were all made with universal quick disconnect.

Ottercreeksports

Equipment
L48
Oct 2, 2024
Johnsonvillel, NY
Since you wrote 'loader', I'm going to assume you meant skid steer quick attach (SSQA), not quick hitch.

Are you saying the tractor adapter is too wide to fit into the implement plate? The adapter should be 44" wide and the implement receptacle should be 45".

If this isn't the problem, we need more explanation, or a picture.
View attachment 138948
I will measure. thanks

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
so my loader on L48 is a TL1150 and has the quick disconnect ability. When I take off bucket loader and put on hay spears or pallet forks they will not fit. An old timer said that some were not manufactured with universal shoes. The shoes are too long. My dealer states there is no such thing they were all made with universal quick disconnect.
I too have the TL1150 loader.
No problem with attach fit of grapple, or forks.
I think your Kubota dealer is correct.
Is it possible that someone has modified you loader shoes?

Ottercreeksports

Equipment
L48
Oct 2, 2024
Johnsonvillel, NY
So here are pictures. The bottom of the shoe rests on bottom of attachment but the bend on attachment prevents the shoe from making full contact. So I am refering to the gap on the vertical line which is about 3/8". The pallet fork attachment I purchased is worse. I tried 3 of them they had in stock. Same problem with each.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
So here are pictures. The bottom of the shoe rests on bottom of attachment but the bend on attachment prevents the shoe from making full contact. So I am refering to the gap on the vertical line which is about 3/8". The pallet fork attachment I purchased is worse. I tried 3 of them they had in stock. Same problem with each.
I just took a little golf cart ride to look at my L48TLB quick attach.
My OEM quick attach assembly appears to be totally different from yours.
You mentioned your serial number.
Mine is: 61802, and was apparently purchased in 2006
Is it possible, that mother Kubota, manufactured some early L48 TLB models with different quick attach dimensions, or....... could the previous owner have added a non standard quick attach system as an after market item?

Last edited:

Ottercreeksports

Equipment
L48
Oct 2, 2024
Johnsonvillel, NY
I just took a little golf cart ride to look at my L48TLB quick attach.
My OEM quick attach assembly appears to be totally different from yours.
You mentioned your serial number.
Mine is: 61802, and was apparently purchased in 2006
Is it possible, that mother Kubota, manufactured some early L48 TLB models with different quick attach dimensions, or....... could the previous owner have added a non standard quick attach system as an after market item?
This is not an aftermarket item. It is original equipment and as I mentioned in earlier post an old timer stated that Kubota did make earlier versions?? I was getting conflicting opinions from two different Kubota dealers. I want to buy a pallet fork attachment but I am thinking I will have to have a welder modify one to make it fit. Just thought I would put this info out there to see if there was any other solutions. thanks for any help

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
This is not an aftermarket item. It is original equipment and as I mentioned in earlier post an old timer stated that Kubota did make earlier versions?? I was getting conflicting opinions from two different Kubota dealers. I want to buy a pallet fork attachment but I am thinking I will have to have a welder modify one to make it fit. Just thought I would put this info out there to see if there was any other solutions. thanks for any help
It would seem that you will in fact need to have a welder modify any and all implements that you may buy, for them to fit the loader Q/A system on your machine.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It's more likely that the top of the SSQA is not properly engaging in the slot on the SSQA plate on the implement.
Take a picture of the top engagement.

1728010252282.png

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Yes, an edge-on shot of the top of your attachment.

Also, a shot of the top socket part of your bucket, since it fits.
I only skimmed the thread - do I have this right - new implements dont fit the SSQA but original bucket does?

To me that suggests that over the years something on the SSQA and bucket has been bent/damaged....

Dan

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
I only skimmed the thread - do I have this right - new implements don't fit the SSQA but original bucket does?

To me that suggests that over the years something on the SSQA and bucket has been bent/damaged....

Dan
That's my understanding.

I'm thinking hard use has caused some bending.

Ottercreeksports

Equipment
L48
Oct 2, 2024
Johnsonvillel, NY
so I have taken more photos. nothing is bent, all top edges of shoes are square. I would need a much longer square. both sides have same wear and line up very equal on new implements. spacing on implement the same on each shoe. I'm hoping that kubota dealer is talking to manufacturer. I have lined up a welder who does very large equipment and should have large straight edges. But I think it is like old timer said - some were not manufactured to universal specs.

Attachments

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
so I have taken more photos. nothing is bent, all top edges of shoes are square. I would need a much longer square. both sides have same wear and line up very equal on new implements. spacing on implement the same on each shoe. I'm hoping that kubota dealer is talking to manufacturer. I have lined up a welder who does very large equipment and should have large straight edges. But I think it is like old timer said - some were not manufactured to universal specs.
i'll stick with the assessment of the .... "old timer".
My 2006 OEM L48 TLB loader Q./A looks absolutely NOTHING like your pictures!
You have a DIFFERENT animal!!