My first tractor…?

jmd1463

Equipment
L2502 HST
Sep 25, 2024
berkshire county
I just got it on my CK2620 along with an additional rebate for cash.
Still shows it on the Kioti site also
I am going to reach back out to dealer and confirm. That is odd.. it definitely shows up on the website, you are right..... I've literally been finalizing my insurance & cash vs finance plans on the Kubota... but $5-6K savings might push me the other direction. I did like the fender mount loader controls!! Nice for getting in and out on both sides.
Its like a full time job trying to decide what tractor to buy!!

jmd1463

Equipment
L2502 HST
Sep 25, 2024
berkshire county
This was the response from the dealer:
"In the past the free loader programs required a lot of hoops to jump through to qualify for and we've never participated in that in the past."
Makes me wonder how many hoops I'd have to jump through to get a problem fixed under warranty... confirms for me that I am probably making the right choice with the kubota....

Reactions: 2 users

Sidekick

Equipment
Kioti CK2620SE cab, RTV-X, BX2360, Z726XKW-3-60
Jul 29, 2023
N.Y,
I am going to reach back out to dealer and confirm. That is odd.. it definitely shows up on the website, you are right..... I've literally been finalizing my insurance & cash vs finance plans on the Kubota... but $5-6K savings might push me the other direction. I did like the fender mount loader controls!! Nice for getting in and out on both sides.
Its like a full time job trying to decide what tractor to buy!!
Drive them both. I preferred the 2 pedal system with my bum ankles. The loader valve position is nice but not as refined as the Kubota. The Kioti loader is very fast and takes a fine touch to control where the Kubota has a longer graduation for easier fine control. If you go Kioti use a 5 paw dealer and you get the tires filled with rim guard for free. Both are about the same specs and Warranty so dealership will probably be your biggest deciding factor. I went with the 4030 loader for the extra foot of reach at dump height and extra digging depth at a slightly reduced load capacity.

Sidekick

Equipment
Jul 29, 2023
N.Y,
"In the past the free loader programs required a lot of hoops to jump through to qualify for and we've never participated in that in the past."
Makes me wonder how many hoops I'd have to jump through to get a problem fixed under warranty... confirms for me that I am probably making the right choice with the kubota....
That guy is a snake. My dealer even ordered me a new machine without a problem where the offer said from stock. You made the right choice, that dealer won't last.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
IMO, That’s a real big data point right there…

Reactions: 1 user

jmd1463

Equipment
L2502 HST
Sep 25, 2024
berkshire county
IMO, That’s a real big data point right there…
So now he contacted Kioti and is able to offer the free loader (but I lost the cash discounts)....
with this revised offer the Kioti is now about $5K less than Kubota ($27K vs $32K with the desired add ons). This leaves a sour taste in my mouth for sure....
Surprising, too as the dealer has been around this area for 50 years and was very professional in all my dealings with them.
And aother Kioti dealer also didn't offer the free loader.... and another one quoted me above MSRP!!
My decision to go kubota was easy when it was a small price differnce.
Now at $5K difference its definitely a bit tougher....
They are both nice machines.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
So now he contacted Kioti and is able to offer the free loader (but I lost the cash discounts)....
with this revised offer the Kioti is now about $5K less than Kubota ($27K vs $32K with the desired add ons). This leaves a sour taste in my mouth for sure....
Surprising, too as the dealer has been around this area for 50 years and was very professional in all my dealings with them.
And aother Kioti dealer also didn't offer the free loader.... and another one quoted me above MSRP!!
Oh my…those are data points too.

I am not familiar with Kioti machine myself…I know one person that has one and they are happy. That’s helps you absolutely none IMO.

If it were me I would be wrapped around axle what I am going to do if when need support thru dealer for parts, warranty, and service (help after the point of sale).

As mentioned above you have some data points. Regardless brand you chose or which dealer you plan to give your money too, I would encourage to consider what is your plan after the original point of sale. Maybe those dealers you mentioned are shooting you straight? Maybe not. You have some data points…it’s up to you if you decide to give them your money…it’s always your choice. Would you trust them to properly submit warranty claim and support you? Do you trust them to set the machine up properly? Will they make it right if they make a mistake? That is not manufacture specific either. But you need a straight dealer in your back pocket IMO.

That doesn’t mean switch brands, but you may need a trailer with good tires.

Anyway I’d encourage any buyer consider after point of sale service and shop the dealer(s) if you feel you have not yet found a straight dealer. (If dealing with a sheister, I’d bet the response is not better than when trying to help you spend your money on the purchase)

Initial purchase price is important for sure. So is the total cost of ownership over some period of time. If you trust your dealers, great, slam dunk…if not have to go further for help…if you get boned on a warranty claim that could eat up the initial price savings. Point here is choosing dealer is as much or more important than the brand, or it can be.

Still your money and your decision.
Good luck, keep us posted and share some pics whatever you end up with.🥃

Reactions: 1 users

Sidekick

Equipment
Jul 29, 2023
N.Y,
I got my cab model for just a little over $28,800 plus $1500 for 3rd function before taxes. Has every add on possible including air. That sounds high if it doesn't include other attachments. That sounds like the 3520SE pricing.

Moose7060

Equipment
M7060, L3902 HST, Farm King PT740, HLA 2500 Snowpusher, LandPride RCR1872
Oct 14, 2023
bc
Around my area the word is that the dealership are nice folks but getting parts and/or warranty work is the issue. Here's some cut and pastes from Kioti's own facebook page submitted by owners which echoes what I hear around here. I won't try to sway your decision one way or the other but it's a big investment, maybe do some more research for your own peace of mind.

-I got a rx and it's a good tractor but it's been down 2 weeks waiting on a thermostat. How come dealers don't stock parts like kubota, deere, and massey. When u spend $40k on a tractor u expect it to run and get parts in timely manor.

-I have a CK seris unit and had to have a part shipped from NC to PA Dealer. NC warehouse was over a week late shipping from the day they said they would ship. Then they came back two days after is was to ship with a tracking number that said it was not shipped on the day they said it would ship and now it will arrive after the weekend. I needed this part so I could run my Grapple for composting and Firewood work. I may sell the 2 year old unit and get a different Unit (Kubota or Deer).

-Still having issues with a brand new one with micro pin holes 14 months no warranty calls answers etc

-They’re junk. I had a 60 hp and a 73 hp. Both of them were lemons so I went green.

-Why’s it so hard to get parts for your tractors?

-Wait till you buy one can’t get parts mines been in shop over a month with 130 hours warranty would not cover nothing and you cannot talk to anyone at kioti no phone number dealer gave me one and you get a tellamarker don’t even know what a tractor is what a joke of a company.

Sidekick

Equipment
Jul 29, 2023
N.Y,
Around my area the word is that the dealership are nice folks but getting parts and/or warranty work is the issue. Here's some cut and pastes from Kioti's own facebook page submitted by owners which echoes what I hear around here. I won't try to sway your decision one way or the other but it's a big investment, maybe do some more research for your own peace of mind.

-I got a rx and it's a good tractor but it's been down 2 weeks waiting on a thermostat. How come dealers don't stock parts like kubota, deere, and massey. When u spend $40k on a tractor u expect it to run and get parts in timely manor.

-I have a CK seris unit and had to have a part shipped from NC to PA Dealer. NC warehouse was over a week late shipping from the day they said they would ship. Then they came back two days after is was to ship with a tracking number that said it was not shipped on the day they said it would ship and now it will arrive after the weekend. I needed this part so I could run my Grapple for composting and Firewood work. I may sell the 2 year old unit and get a different Unit (Kubota or Deer).

-Still having issues with a brand new one with micro pin holes 14 months no warranty calls answers etc

-They’re junk. I had a 60 hp and a 73 hp. Both of them were lemons so I went green.

-Why’s it so hard to get parts for your tractors?

-Wait till you buy one can’t get parts mines been in shop over a month with 130 hours warranty would not cover nothing and you cannot talk to anyone at kioti no phone number dealer gave me one and you get a tellamarker don’t even know what a tractor is what a joke of a company.
My sidekick was in the shop 10 weeks waiting for parts and diagnostic info from Kubota. All companies have issues and delays. Came back with the same problems. I doubt Kioti will be any worse so I took a chance. Don't believe everything you read on Facebook if serial number isn't included. Many bloggers are hired to bash competitors products on Facebook and YouTube comments I recently read. Hit forums like OTT for accurate info.

Moose7060

Equipment
M7060, L3902 HST, Farm King PT740, HLA 2500 Snowpusher, LandPride RCR1872
Oct 14, 2023
bc
My sidekick was in the shop 10 weeks waiting for parts and diagnostic info from Kubota. All companies have issues and delays. Came back with the same problems. I doubt Kioti will be any worse so I took a chance. Don't believe everything you read on Facebook if serial number isn't included. Many bloggers are hired to bash competitors products on Facebook and YouTube comments I recently read. Hit forums like OTT for accurate info.
I agree, don't trust everything you hear on FB or internet. That's why when the farmers around here told me not to buy Kioti, I sat up and listened.

Last edited: