BX engine cover install

jandr95

Jun 10, 2012
Detroit, MI
This thing is maddening. Can't put the engine cover back on my 1860. I saw a video where the owner removed the hood to make it easier. I tried but the screws holding the hood in place will not budge, as if they're welded. Anyone able to remove the hood on their 1860? What's the secret? Or what's the secret to reinstalling the engine cover?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Show us some pictures of what is going on to help us understand.

Reactions: 1 user

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Put the plastic band on the latch pin, it holds the hood in the correct spot to slide in the hood under cover.

Screenshot (7).png

Reactions: 1 user

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
You mean the “KNOBS” with the plastic heads won’t turn? My older Bx has these. Hood removal is easy but sometimes a pain to re-align when putting it back on…

jandr95

Jun 10, 2012
Detroit, MI
You mean the “KNOBS” with the plastic heads won’t turn? My older Bx has these. Hood removal is easy but sometimes a pain to re-align when putting it back on…
Thanks for replying. Mine's a 2012, I think. I'll look again but they sure didn't seem like plastic to me.

Before I resort to hood removal, I'll recruit a second set of hands to help me align the engine cover. The tough part is getting the ridges of the forward part of the cover to sit under the hood -- the whole thing seems too wide -- then holding them while trying to line up the rear part of the cover so it can slide into place. So far, I haven't even come close.

Reactions: 1 users

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
Thanks for replying. Mine's a 2012, I think. I'll look again but they sure didn't seem like plastic to me.

Before I resort to hood removal, I'll recruit a second set of hands to help me align the engine cover. The tough part is getting the ridges of the forward part of the cover to sit under the hood -- the whole thing seems too wide -- then holding them while trying to line up the rear part of the cover so it can slide into place. So far, I haven't even come close.
Mine is a 2012 as well…metal hood and fenders, etc.
has 2 plastic “knobs” that you unscrew to loosen the hood to slide it forward. Just a slotted section of the hood that fits beneath the knobs. Pictures of yours would certainly help!