Snowcaster rebuild for a 1977 B7100D

DJ05747

Equipment
1977 Kubota B7100D, Woods RM42, Snowcaster 48
Oct 31, 2023
Vermont
When I purchased my tractor it came with a snowcaster. It also came with a plow. I'm guessing the original owner used the snowcaster until it stoped working and then switched to the plow. I'd like to rebuild the snowcaster. It spins but not easily. I'm trying to remove the auger and am having some trouble. Mine is the older version with the rotating plate and the two bolts to hold it in place. I think the rotating plate puts tension on the chain. I've removed the two bolts but I"m but no idea how to get the plate off so the auger can come out. Any help is much appreciated.

Attachments

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
No idea really but if you provide a model number for the snowcaster that would help.

Since you are in the USA go to this website

search for the model number of the implement or the tractor. If you search by the B7100 model, there will be a list of models for different tractors and after you select the correct one there will be a column on the right for “option“. That is the various implements that fit the tractor, select the implement and you can see illustrated parts lists that help with how things fit together.

Like this one just shows the two bolts per end hold are all that hold the plate on
IMG_0157.png

There is another figure that shows the auger and the bearings.

Good luck

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
considering that it operated in snow and slush it might require some heat and a penetrant to get it apart. Also a dead blow hammer might also be needed to "persuade" the parts to coming apart.

DJ05747

Equipment
1977 Kubota B7100D, Woods RM42, Snowcaster 48
Oct 31, 2023
Vermont
considering that it operated in snow and slush it might require some heat and a penetrant to get it apart. Also a dead blow hammer might also be needed to "persuade" the parts to coming apart.
Thanks for the help. I was able to pry it off. I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something and then break that something.