Open Cage Style Four Post ROPS

Coyote Shadow Tracker

Equipment
MX5400, LA1065, BH92 Hy Thumb
Aug 6, 2024
Georgia
We are getting a MX5400 HST ROPS and we want to DYI some additional attachments. Looking at putting a Canopy with extra Front ROPS Posts mainly for attaching LED Lights, and a Handel to climb onto the Tractor. The Tractor has a Two Post ROPS on the back of each side of the driver seat. Has anyone made extra Two Front Posts connecting to the bottom frame and connecting at the top under the Canopy with square metal tubing to the top of the rear ROPS.

Like an open Cage ROPS with (4) posts. Anyone Make something like this???

Thanks.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
We are getting a MX5400 HST ROPS and we want to DYI some additional attachments. Looking at putting a Canopy with extra Front ROPS Posts mainly for attaching LED Lights, and a Handel to climb onto the Tractor. The Tractor has a Two Post ROPS on the back of each side of the driver seat. Has anyone made extra Two Front Posts connecting to the bottom frame and connecting at the top under the Canopy with square metal tubing to the top of the rear ROPS.

Thanks.
I have an MX6000 with a steel canopy attached to the ROPS. I didn’t build front posts, just attached the lights to the underside of the canopy. I first attached a steel bar to the canopy, then the lights to the bar.

Reactions: 1 user

Chad D.

Sep 21, 2019
Eugene
No real reason why you can’t, but if lighting is the biggest concern, it may be wild overkill. My fiberglass canopy is connected to a pair of tube steel spars that project forward from brackets that are simply clamped to the OEM ROPS with large U-bolts and brackets. Much more solid that I’d imagined, and I even trailer the tractor this way. I have an LED work light at each corner and they’re fantastic. No ratted or wiggles.

Not sure how high your roof will be, but mine is too high to use for a grab handle mount unless it were to hang way down. IMO, better off with a fender mounted grab bar.

OntheRidge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB, Homestead 55" grapple, LP 1684 rear blade, WR Long 84" snowplow
Nov 1, 2020
Just buy an L47, it comes with a FOPS/ROPS. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1 users

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Thanks any pictures?
Not a great photo, but you can see the LED lightbar at the front of the canopy and the light facing backwards at the rear. I would take better photos, but my tractor is currently at the dealership getting remotes and top snd tilt installed. My canopy is steel so it’s rigid and has some steel supports also. The front light at is attached to a piece of flat steel I bolted to the underside of the canopy and the tear light is just mounted to a bracket on the ROPS.

IMG_0387.jpeg

Coyote Shadow Tracker

Equipment
Aug 6, 2024
Georgia
Just buy an L47, it comes with a FOPS/ROPS. :ROFLMAO:
YES that is what I am looking for!!! But want it on a MX5400. There is advantages with the L47. I told the dealer what we were looking for and he didn't mention the L47. We may have to change or order. The MX has more HP, & bigger tires, but the L47 had a stronger FEL and BH.
Thanks

Coyote Shadow Tracker

Equipment
Aug 6, 2024
Georgia
Not a great photo, but you can see the LED lightbar at the front of the canopy and the light facing backwards at the rear. I would take better photos, but my tractor is currently at the dealership getting remotes and top snd tilt installed. My canopy is steel so it’s rigid and has some steel supports also. The front light at is attached to a piece of flat steel I bolted to the underside of the canopy and the tear light is just mounted to a bracket on the ROPS.

View attachment 134492
Thanks nice Tractor. I was just looking at the L47 that was suggested by Ontheridge. I really that one.

MOOTS

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
YES that is what I am looking for!!! But want it on a MX5400. There is advantages with the L47. I told the dealer what we were looking for and he didn't mention the L47. We may have to change or order. The MX has more HP, & bigger tires, but the L47 had a stronger FEL and BH.
Thanks
Wait till you see the M62!

Coyote Shadow Tracker

Equipment
Aug 6, 2024
Georgia
Wait till you see the M62!
Real nice. I am not a Contractor. That is a Beast! We just have 6 acres. have a lot of trees damaged by Pine Beatles, need to re-landscape around the house, clear another acre for the field. The MX5400 with the LA1065 and BH92 will be just fine for what we need. We have another 100 acres for a Shooting range and may use it there. Already have a LS XG3135 on that property.

MOOTS

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Real nice. I am not a Contractor. That is a Beast! We just have 6 acres. have a lot of trees damaged by Pine Beatles, need to re-landscape around the house, clear another acre for the field. The MX5400 with the LA1065 and BH92 will be just fine for what we need. We have another 100 acres for a Shooting range and may use it there. Already have a LS XG3135 on that property.
You’ll love the MX. Will the BH be on all the time? They are very light in the rear. I have filled tires, 3 sets of wheel weights and usually a 700# box blade or 990# tiller, and can lift a tire with ease.

Where in Georgia are you?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana

Thanks.
@g_man has one of the coolest looking tractors with a "roll cage". I'm sure he can tell you more about the M5640 and the ROPS.

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Thanks nice Tractor. I was just looking at the L47 that was suggested by Ontheridge. I really that one.
A really different machine than agricultural focused tractors. The L47 is a construction focused machine with a heavier and more integrated backhoe and non removable loader. But it’s also a bit more involved removing the backhoe and reinstalling the lift arms. It really depends on the primary uses you have. A 4 point canopy isn’t necessary for mounting lights. It does provide more operator protection when used for construction type applications. It also has a hefty price tag.

Last edited:

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Maybe you could model it after the TLB. You've seen the L47, here's the L35.
I've found one advantage is that the front posts help deflect limbs (and spider webs) from hitting the operator, and from getting caught under the canopy.
Screenshot_20240807-213026-660.png

OntheRidge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB, Homestead 55" grapple, LP 1684 rear blade, WR Long 84" snowplow
Nov 1, 2020
A really different machine than agricultural focused tractors. The L47 is a construction focused machine with a heavier and more integrated backhoe and non removable loader. But it’s also a bit more involved removing the backhoe and reinstalling the lift arms. It really depends on the primary uses you have. A 4 point canopy isn’t necessary for mounting lights. It does provide more operator protection when used for construction type applications. It also has a hefty price tag.
The BH comes off as easily as the BH77 on my 2501.

AllenBC

Equipment
L3901, L525 Loader, BH77 Backhoe, Lane Shark LS3, Pallet Forks, Snow Plow,
Jul 10, 2024
Warwick, New York
Thanks
That is what i am looking for. Will have to manufacture one.
I did exactly what you asked about in the first post - square tubes as front posts. Started with stock Kubota sunshade. Last pic shows amateur overbuilding - my square tube is overkill. My tractor is a L3901, not an M. I can still remove the loader but it would be a real PITA! All attachments to the ROPS are by U bolts. I snow plow so I wanted real good lighting - tractor headlights didn't cut it. Some of the stuff on the right front post includes plug in's for heated gear, battery tender and light switches. Don't tell on me, but the grip on the left front post is a JD item I modified.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users

Smokeydog

Equipment
M59, B26 grapples, backhoes, tillers, graders, diesel atv
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
A sturdy four post canopy is must for working in the woods. Had many ag tractors and various pieces of construction equipment. Now just two Kubota TLBs.
IMG_1402.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users

Coyote Shadow Tracker

Equipment
Aug 6, 2024
Georgia
I did exactly what you asked about in the first post - square tubes as front posts. Started with stock Kubota sunshade. Last pic shows amateur overbuilding - my square tube is overkill. My tractor is a L3901, not an M. I can still remove the loader but it would be a real PITA! All attachments to the ROPS are by U bolts. I snow plow so I wanted real good lighting - tractor headlights didn't cut it. Some of the stuff on the right front post includes plug in's for heated gear, battery tender and light switches. Don't tell on me, but the grip on the left front post is a JD item I modified.
WOW GREAT JOB!!!!!
That is what we want
Thanks much for the pics!!!
Could you send me more details?