air in hydraulic lines

Azza

Equipment
Kubota B8200 tractor plus T1760 ride on
Mar 1, 2023
Australia
Kubota B 8200 not been used for couple of months Started and hydraulics worked fine; FEL & slasher. Short while using and stopped functioning, not moving at all. Hydraulics emitting noise.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Did you check your fluid level? When was the fast time the filters were changed?

Azza

Equipment
Mar 1, 2023
Australia
Did you check your fluid level? When was the fast time the filters were changed?
only done couple of hours since fluid change and filter cleaned. Fluid level checked regularly and maintained to full mark. Previous have managed to release trapped air by disconnecting hydraulic hoses but not working this time

Azza

Equipment
Mar 1, 2023
Australia
only done couple of hours since fluid change and filter cleaned. Fluid level checked regularly and maintained to full mark. Previous have managed to release trapped air by disconnecting hydraulic hoses but not working this time
uncoupling all three hoses

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Is the tractor not moving at all, or just the hydraulics?
If it doesn't have a clogged filter screen or a suction leak then you're probably looking at a damaged pump or drive.

Azza

Equipment
Mar 1, 2023
Australia
Your contribution appreciated. Tractor works fine
tractor runs fine. I'm betting on air in hydraulics given the abnormal noise . Will check intake lines sn d go from there

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada

tractor runs fine. I'm betting on air in hydraulics given the abnormal noise . Will check intake lines sn d go from there
Does the 3 pt hitch work?
Hydraulics are self bleeding with use.
However, if your suction side of the pump and the suction line have air leaking in then you will always have air.
Often suction lines have places where there is a rubber joint. These crack and let air in but not fluid out so often best to just replace these pieces.
forum B8200 piping.jpg

Hydraulic lines re-installed in the wrong place can cause big issues...........
Dave

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us

Any air in the line should be gone in the first couple of minutes of operation. I think I would start by disconnecting the power beyond return at the hydraulic outlet block. Stick it in the transmission filler, start the tractor, and watch the flow. It should be steady with no signs of air.

The power beyond hose is the one towards the rear of the tractor.

Dan

Azza

Equipment
Mar 1, 2023
Australia
Does the 3 pt hitch work?
Hydraulics are self bleeding with use.
However, if your suction side of the pump and the suction line have air leaking in then you will always have air.
Often suction lines have places where there is a rubber joint. These crack and let air in but not fluid out so often best to just replace these pieces.
View attachment 110514
Hydraulic lines re-installed in the wrong place can cause big issues...........
Dave
Any air in the line should be gone in the first couple of minutes of operation. I think I would start by disconnecting the power beyond return at the hydraulic outlet block. Stick it in the transmission filler, start the tractor, and watch the flow. It should be steady with no signs of air.

The power beyond hose is the one towards the rear of the tractor.

Dan
Thanks for the relevant info Dan / Dave. Will follow up and see what results.