Daily Chuckle

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I didn’t want nor need playground equipment. Hated height, and was part of my responsibility as a farm kid.

A hay mow can be a great place for a rope swing when empty. Could be high and treacherous when full.

Hanging blower pipe on a 40’ silo could be a challenge.

Better yet climbing the silo in January to throw sileage down. Doors were always wet and slick.

Nah, the other kids could play on the Jungle Gym……wasn’t a novelty to me. 😳

Reactions: 1 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I didn’t want nor need playground equipment. Hated height, and was part of my responsibility as a farm kid.

A hay mow can be a great place for a rope swing when empty. Could be high and treacherous when full.

Hanging blower pipe on a 40’ silo could be a challenge.

Better yet climbing the silo in January to throw sileage down. Doors were always wet and slick.

Nah, the other kids could play on the Jungle Gym……wasn’t a novelty to me. 😳
After leaving the city and moving to a farm with my mother and step dad, I decided to build a tree house. Not like I had to worry about my sisters wanting anything to do with it, but I wanted it high. Really high, just to make sure they would never get any ideas about eviction and disposition. In a ginormous white oak. Far away from the house. It was good fun until I backed off the edge while building the floor. My mother heard me scream on the way down (from nearly a quarter mile away), then got mad when I didn’t respond to her immediately and came to the “job site” to determine my lack of response. Not worried or concerned, just mad that I didn’t answer her. I was still trying to figure why I was still alive and how I was going to get some air back in my lungs after landing miraculously safe flat on my back. The tree house was condemned by higher authority, and my sisters’ snickers still burn in my memories.

Reactions: 1 user

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
After leaving the city and moving to a farm with my mother and step dad, I decided to build a tree house. Not like I had to worry about my sisters wanting anything to do with it, but I wanted it high. Really high, just to make sure they would never get any ideas about eviction and disposition. In a ginormous white oak. Far away from the house. It was good fun until I backed off the edge while building the floor. My mother heard me scream on the way down (from nearly a quarter mile away), then got mad when I didn’t respond to her immediately and came to the “job site” to determine my lack of response. Not worried or concerned, just mad that I didn’t answer her. I was still trying to figure why I was still alive and how I was going to get some air back in my lungs after landing miraculously safe flat on my back. The tree house was condemned by higher authority, and my sisters’ snickers still burn in my memories.
Chipped a tooth and bruised a couple ribs off the steel monkey bars.

Busted my arm the first time playing on a set of wooden monkey bars 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Went to swing my feet up to hang upside down and my hands slipped. I landed on my stomach. Arm was tucked between me and a decent sized stone.

Snapped my wrist perfectly across the growth plate. Hand was on top of wrist 😱😱😱😱

Since I was 10 and still growing, and the break was through the growth plate, I had to have my arm measured periodically over the years to make sure it was the same length as my other arm.

Grandmother was the director of nurses for the local hospital. She called in a favor to probably the best surgeon in the state. Gram and that doctor had opened that hospital.

Anyway , gram didn't like the surgeon on call for that evening. So she called the retired surgeon. He came up there in the middle of the night and set my wrist. 👍👍👍👍👍👍 Did a fantastic job with it as well.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I mean.. When she's laying down on her back there's a chance it could be right.
Yup, I know exactly how that happened though. Tatoo artist traced the design out on the contact paper to apply it to the skin, and didn't account for the mirror image 🤣😂😂🤣😂🤣

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Never go to a fast food restaurant and have the computer go down - and then accept cash only.

Because WE ALL KNOW - a $2.50 item when given a five spot will result in $3.50 back!!!!!

I have students that CANNOT TELL TIME On an analog clock!!!!!!!

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Never go to a fast food restaurant and have the computer go down - and then accept cash only.

Because WE ALL KNOW - a $2.50 item when given a five spot will result in $3.50 back!!!!!

I have students that CANNOT TELL TIME On an analog clock!!!!!!!
I taught my grandkids to read an analog clock. I explained it once.

After that, if they asked, I would just point at the 3ft round (easy read) analog clock hanging on the wall. 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Reactions: 1 user