Best grapple for BX

Matt7096

Equipment
BX1880
Jun 4, 2021
Maryland
Hi everyone. I’m new to this forum and a new Kubota owner. I’ve done a search but after pages of not seeing what I’m looking for i guess I’ll ask it knowing it’s already been asked and answered I’m sure.
I have a BX1880 with the LA344S front end loader (skid steer quick attach). I was wondering if anyone has strong feelings over grapple make? I know land pride makes a 48” that weights about 156 pounds. Everything Attachments makes one that’s 55” and weighs about 250 pounds (give or take). Does that 100 pounds really make a huge difference other than the obvious LP can lift about 100 pounds more?

is there another company I should look at? LP and EA seem to be the most common and easily accessible to me.
I appreciate your help and can’t wait to read more about what people are saying.

Ping

Equipment
BX2370-1
Dec 25, 2018
Troy, Ohio
Hi everyone. I’m new to this forum and a new Kubota owner. I’ve done a search but after pages of not seeing what I’m looking for i guess I’ll ask it knowing it’s already been asked and answered I’m sure.
I have a BX1880 with the LA344S front end loader (skid steer quick attach). I was wondering if anyone has strong feelings over grapple make? I know land pride makes a 48” that weights about 156 pounds. Everything Attachments makes one that’s 55” and weighs about 250 pounds (give or take). Does that 100 pounds really make a huge difference other than the obvious LP can lift about 100 pounds more?

is there another company I should look at? LP and EA seem to be the most common and easily accessible to me.
I appreciate your help and can’t wait to read more about what people are saying.
Matt,
‘Best’ really depends on your main intended use? Brush, logs or other? Is dump height a concern? I also have a BX2370 and after much research ended up going with an EA 48" Wicked. My use is primarily brush but, the added lifting capacity of a lightweight sure is handy when moving larger, heavier items.
Not sure this helps but, let me know if you have any questions.
Regards
2020-07-13(3) - Copy.jpg

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
I'd go with LP about 340# of usable lift - use rear ballast

Kubota LA344 Loader
Lift to full height (at 500mm): 509 lbs

Reactions: 1 user

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
USA
Matt, I don't think the 48" land pride has SSQA. That comes in the next size up 54". I bought the artillian one for my BX. It was "ok", it is not light, 290 pounds, single narrow lid sucks, super expensive, I would cross that one off.

Reactions: 1 user

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
I have the pin on 48 in SGC0548 on my BX1880 and I like it and use it often. Apparently, nobody makes a 48 in lightweight grapple for the SSQA.

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
I have the 54 inch Land Pride Grapple on my LX2610SU, and I am very pleased with it. I used it to literally fill a 20 yard dumpster with sticks, limbs and logs. Some of the big limbs barely fit in the 22 foot long dumpster. The grapple is very well made with all of the hoses protected in chases and not kinked for lack of angled fittings - unlike EA.

Matt7096

Equipment
BX1880
Jun 4, 2021
Maryland
Matt,
‘Best’ really depends on your main intended use? Brush, logs or other? Is dump height a concern? I also have a BX2370 and after much research ended up going with an EA 48" Wicked. My use is primarily brush but, the added lifting capacity of a lightweight sure is handy when moving larger, heavier items.
Not sure this helps but, let me know if you have any questions.
Regards View attachment 60998
Thank you. My main use will be brush. I have about 6 acres of wooded land and moving piles of this or that wooded cleanup is what the majority of my grapple work will be.
I wouldn’t mind the 48” grapple but from my reading EA only offers that with the pin on not quick connect. Dump height doesn’t bother me. I go into a low sided dump trailer so I can always get over the sides. I was actually surprised with the lower than I thought dump height of the LA344. I was doing some work in the back yard and couldn’t dump over the side of my 6ish foot fence without doing some tweeking on the fence. Just an observation.

anyway thank you for your comments. I do appreciate your opinion.

Matt7096

Equipment
BX1880
Jun 4, 2021
Maryland
I have the 54 inch Land Pride Grapple on my LX2610SU, and I am very pleased with it. I used it to literally fill a 20 yard dumpster with sticks, limbs and logs. Some of the big limbs barely fit in the 22 foot long dumpster. The grapple is very well made with all of the hoses protected in chases and not kinked for lack of angled fittings - unlike EA.
Thanks.

I really have nothing against any of the Land Pride attachments I have. They all seem to be made well. That may end up being the way I have to go. If I can actually get one. Seems this pandemic has reduced the amount of any type of equipment coming from Kubota (and everyone honestly). My local dealer told me he’s had tractors and implements on order for almost a year. He has nothing on sale in his lot everything is bought.

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
Thanks.

I really have nothing against any of the Land Pride attachments I have. They all seem to be made well. That may end up being the way I have to go. If I can actually get one. Seems this pandemic has reduced the amount of any type of equipment coming from Kubota (and everyone honestly). My local dealer told me he’s had tractors and implements on order for almost a year. He has nothing on sale in his lot everything is bought.
You might want to look at this grapple (the backside photo shows a well laid out/protected hose system); they are saying 10 weeks to deliver.

Reactions: 2 users

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
USA
I was hung up on managing grapple width for my BX as well. It's why I picked artillian, which is a little heavier than most of the 55" ones (land pride and EA), but skinnier. After seeing how well the BX performed with a 290 pound grapple I wouldnt hesitate to get a 55" from LP or EA that are in the 250-290# range.

Artillian grapple's long horizontal lower tines made it easy for hand loading/stacking, and you can attach a stump bucket on the cheap. I still wouldnt recommend it though.