What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
Looks like it will take more than a little sharpening with the stuff you are cutting.:eek: Maybe an anvil, sledge and forge.:rolleyes::D:D

redfernclan

Jul 18, 2014
Sweet home, Oregon
I bought a used tiller for $1200. Looks to be in really good shape. Put the 3 point on my BX25 for the first time. Hooked the tiller up and the drive line for the tiller is too long. Was thinking about cutting 2 inches off but after closer inspection, the splines are only in the last 3 inches so I will have to cut the splined spud off, cut another 2 inches off and then weld the splined spud back on. I'm thinking set it in some angle iron and it should be straight enough. Before I started I asked the neighbor over to sanity check my idea. He pointed out a couple of beefy brackets that the lower 3 point arm connect to. They ar bolted on and can be flipped or rotated depending weather you want the tiller trailing straight behind or off to the side. Well......... It looks like you can also rotate the brackets back further which would put the tiller further away from the tractor and might gain me my 2 inches.
Sorry so long winded, but I'm getting excited to use this tiller. Tired of the old front tine beating me up.

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
I bought a used tiller for $1200.
Make sure you check it's length through the entire motion of the 3 point arms. The length of the shaft may change between raising the toilet and lowering it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

redfernclan

Jul 18, 2014
Sweet home, Oregon
Make sure you check it's length through the entire motion of the 3 point arms. The length of the shaft may change between raising the toilet and lowering it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Thanks, I'll check that. It looks like it will only change about half an inch if any. I'm going to set it up so I have just enough room to get the yoke lined up and put on the tiller.

Chew

Aug 5, 2014
Centerville, Tx
Couple weekends ago I tackled my first maintenance on my new to me 2008 l3400. It had 50 hours on it but was over 8 years old. Thanks to this forum and YouTube, I was able to change the oil and filter, hydraulic oil and fluid, front axle fluid, flushed the radiator, and grease all the zerk fittings. Changed the air filter and will change the fuel filter when I get down below 1/2 tank.

Next project is fluid/ballast in rear tires.

sodak

Dec 28, 2015
Sioux Falls
Couple weekends ago I tackled my first maintenance on my new to me 2008 l3400. It had 50 hours on it but was over 8 years old. Thanks to this forum and YouTube, I was able to change the oil and filter, hydraulic oil and fluid, front axle fluid, flushed the radiator, and grease all the zerk fittings. Changed the air filter and will change the fuel filter when I get down below 1/2 tank.

Next project is fluid/ballast in rear tires.
[IMG..jpg /IMG]
[IMG...jpg /IMG]
[IMG...jpg /IMG]
Which posts/videos did you find most helpful? I bought my 2007 B3030 at about 350 hours so I'll need to do service soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chew

Aug 5, 2014
Centerville, Tx
I'll have to search them. I mainly searched l3400 maintenance on here and youtube.

zload

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2400HSD/47 John Deere Model M
Apr 14, 2015
FL
Plowed and side dressed my corn with ammonia, rain coming for the next few days so that should give it a good soaking.

dfh1977

Jun 3, 2013
east ky
Please explain this for us non-farming dunderhaids, thanks.
the ammonia contains nitrogen in the chemical makup. [URLhttp://nebraska.farmergoestomarket.com/index.php/recent-stories/13-technology/62-translating-food-technology-why-annhydrous-ammonia] [/URL]

millsan1

Equipment
BX25D, SGC05, 4' Box Blade, 6' rake, 6' blade, Titan BX42 Chipper
I have a grapple on my BX, a landpride SGC05.

I find more and more uses for it.

Lately, I have been digging up rocks/boulders and piling them for use in a wall I need to build.

I also use the grapple as a rake to pick up the thick mat of leaves on the property and then grab the piles for disposal.

And of course, there is the constant cutting and stacking of deadfall.

procraftmike

Equipment
1977 B7100DT w/B219 FEL
Jan 27, 2016
Neenah, WI
I picked up a coolant recovery bottle for my B7100. It is a tight fit, but it will fit up against the firewall on the rh side. I hope to get it installed tonight. I will post pics, once completed. That about wraps up my project list for this tractor. It will be heading north with me next week, unless I discover something that is wrong before then.

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
I was doing some spring cleaning at the ranch wound up with a pile of wood and various junk , didn't want to hall it off so I dug a hole with my Grand L3830 about 5 ' deep pushed all the junk into the hole and buried it

kckndrgn

Equipment
BX2370 w/ 60" MMM and FEL, Box Blade, Bush Hog, Carry All & Tiller
Mar 17, 2016
Somerville, TN
Mowed my yard last night with the BX. Second time mowing the whole yard with it and, wouldn't know it, the second time I "find" something with the mower :(.

My son, who was helping me pickup pine cones last weekend, left an old grill grate laying in the ground. Ugh, I'm thinking I'm doomed with this mower. Chipped the left blade pretty good so I'll have to replace it.

I was going to post a question about my steering wheel "moving", but I was able to find my answer in a search. Turns out the steering wheel continues to move even when the wheels have hit their stops, nice.

Oh, and I've managed to lose one of the knobs on the ROPS and MMM. Great.

Big Trees

Aug 28, 2015
Texas
I used my B6000 to grade our private road with the 6 ft grader blade. I normally use the Ford 8N but with it down I tried the 'Bota. Surprisingly it did very well. I think I might sell the 8N now that I know this little thing can do it.

millsan1

Equipment
BX25D, SGC05, 4' Box Blade, 6' rake, 6' blade, Titan BX42 Chipper
I have a grapple on my BX, a landpride SGC05.

I find more and more uses for it.

Lately, I have been digging up rocks/boulders and piling them for use in a wall I need to build.

I also use the grapple as a rake to pick up the thick mat of leaves on the property and then grab the piles for disposal.

And of course, there is the constant cutting and stacking of deadfall.
Apparently, I found too many things to do with my grapple. The welds on the upper ram brackets failed. They are only welded on one side. Crazy.

Called LP and they said to call dealer.

Let the fun begin.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Saturday a friend came over to help me cut up some tops form trees that we had pushed out. I chip a lot of the tops up and got two pretty good sized chip piles out of it.

Attachments

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Nothing today, but looks like my Saturday will be busy.:p

Our Boxer dog Oliver will be helping as well.:cool:

20 ton. Figure a good morning.

Put the scarifiers on the box blade down, and lengthened the top link. Should groove the driveway, then smooth it out in the first pass. Then cover with stone, and smooth out again with scarifiers up.

Reason to lengthen link is so it doesn't want to dig when going forward.

In the pic, you can see the box is tipped away from the tractor some. The front blade of the box is up, back is down. Will hopefully do the trick, with some adjustment as needed.

Will post pics as the tractor and I progress, unless it's ugly!!:eek:

Attachments

Last edited:

zload

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2400HSD/47 John Deere Model M
Apr 14, 2015
FL
Please explain this for us non-farming dunderhaids, thanks.
As said above ammonium nitrate is fertilizer, 34-0-0 basically straight nitrogen, will make your grass and corn really green and grow fast. In my area all the old timers refer to it as "ammonia" sorry for the confusion. Side dressing is simply a method to place the fertilizer alongside existing plants rather than broadcasting over large areas. My 48 John Deere has a very elaborate flat ag chain driven multi-geared device driven by the rear axle to precisely place the fertilizer in the drill area.

I also have a gravity fed distributor With a sliding gate to adjust the opening that sets the rate of flow that I use with the Kubota,monted to a cultivator, both use a rubber radiator type hose to direct the fertilizer down to the ground.

Something I copied off the web:

Ammonium nitrate can be used directly or as an important component of many fertilizer mixtures. It provides a source of nitrogen to plants to increase growth and crop yields. Ammonium nitrate is a popular fertilizer since it provides half of the N in nitrate form and half in ammonium form. The nitrate form moves readily with soil water to the roots where it is immediately available for plant uptake. Ammonium nitrate is more popular than other nitrogen fertilizers for pasture and hay fertilization since it is less susceptible to volatilization or air losses when left on the soil. It is also valued by vegetable growers for its ability to provide an immediately available nitrate source of plant food.

Last edited: