Loaded my tires and built a MMM dolly.

Hogzilla

Equipment
B2601
Jun 12, 2015
Atkins, Iowa
New B2601 owner and I know this stuff is probably nothing new to you guys, but thought I would share nonetheless. I am really loving the new B2601 and have only had it for about 2 weeks.

First the MMM dolly -- I stopped in my local Harbor Freight and got 4 new swiveling casters for about $8 on sale. Dug through my lumber scrap pile and came up with this dolly. I probably used $5-10 in bolts, screws and glue I already had, so this is cheap solution to being able to store the MMM upright when not installed and roll it around easily.

I also loaded my own tires with windshield washer fluid, after getting a quote for $350 for Rim Guard - Beet Juice. I looked over some videos on YouTube and settled on the following. I bought a portable submersible sump pump from Amazon for $50 and an adapter from "Slime" to attach a garden hose to the valve stem (for $11 on Amazon). Acquired the WW fluid at my local Menards Lumber for $1.40 a gallon and it took 43 gallons (total $60.20). Total for the job -- $120 and I now have the adapter and pump for future use.

I raised the rear using the backhoe stabilizers and went to work. Pull the core, attach the adapter and hose and attach other end of hose to sump pump. Pump goes in a 5 gallon bucket and fill'r up! Plug in the pump and away we go. I turned the tire so the valve stem was at the top --- every 5 gallons or so the rear tires, I unplugged the pump to allow the tire to depressurize. Just unplug and the air will bubble back through the sump pump. The rears took 16 gallons each and the fronts were 5.5 each. Here are some photos....

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You normally do not load the front tires, in fact it's frowned upon because it will add excessive wear to the front end components. ;)

If you have a warranty I do believe it will also void it, check the manuals and warranty information, I would hate for it to cost you later on.

Hogzilla

Equipment
B2601
Jun 12, 2015
Atkins, Iowa
You normally do not load the front tires, in fact it's frowned upon because it will add excessive wear to the front end components. ;)

If you have a warranty I do believe it will also void it, check the manuals and warranty information, I would hate for it to cost you later on.
Thanks -- will check into it. Easy enough to undo.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
swampcat,, it keeps the grass clippings from blowing out the front of the deck. Makes them move toward the discharge chute.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Very nice - was thinking about making a dolly for the deck myself!:cool:

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Hogman,

GREAT post!

Dinna know you could use windshield washer fluid. Izzit anti-corrosive? I know mine are full of ethylene glycol and water, like a radiator. Here in AZ, you gotta watch out for those early August freezes...

I am tiling a workshop of 1200sq ft and one of the projects after I get it done is to make dollies for all my implements. I grabbed wheels at HF last time they were on sale and have loads of lumber left from the remodel I just finished.

You are way ahead of me. I'll post mine when I get to it.

Just a thought: Do you suppose they can match a cheap interior gloss paint to Kubota Orange II? Would an orange implement dolly look hideous. Any gay tractor guys out there good at answering important garage styling questions like this? I don't want it to "clash." :)

Last edited:

SwampCat

Equipment
B7510 HSD
Jun 7, 2015
Northern,Wi. U.S.A.
Not to hijack this mans thread, so its because of his dolly that hold his MMM, I noticed a metal strip along the front edge of the deck that MINE DID NOT HAVE. Seems Kubota learned to put the lip on. Since mine had the holes already in the deck, off to the scrapyard I went. 6$ later. I walked out with a strip of stainless steel, 3" X 48" X 3/16",drilled a couple of holes and trimmed for the tire cutout and edge of deck. Sure is nice NOT having mower debris flying up now. So THANKS FOR THE PICTURE.